Humanities Event Request Form
Are you planning an event? Please follow the guidelines below.
- Complete Humanities Event Form and submit for approval by Aviva.
- If bringing a foreign speaker, we must acquire authorization from the Foundation. Please work with Odile on this.
If funding is involved:
- Secure available funds from appropriate account (TBD with Aviva and Odile).
- Fill out all paperwork/contracts as necessary (Consult with office to determine necessary paperwork/contracts as necessary).
- Give paperwork to Odile for processing.
- Select date and time to maximize attendance of desired participants.
- Check for conflicting events on College Calendar, with Humanities BOS, with HUM staff.
- Book room using RoomBook system.
Note that some spaces (e.g. rooms in the Library, Neuberger and PAC) must be booked with staff in those locations.
- Identify and secure necessary equipment and set-up needs.
- Create work orders as needed for CTS (equipment) and FMG (facilities)
- Arrange for refreshments, as necessary.
- Send Leah text and image to build and distribute Broadcast Email (BEM).
- Please note that all BEMs must obtain approval – a process that can take up to 2 weeks
- BEMs will be sent two weeks prior and the day of the event
- Hard copy fliers require approval from the Office of Community Engagement.
- If desired, ask Leah to create hard copy publicity flier based on BEM.
- If desired, arrange mailing. Please provide Leah with address list.
- Encourage attendance among your students and colleagues.
- Secure event help from colleagues, students, and/or staff.
- Assure that set-up is scheduled and completed in a timely fashion.
- After event, ensure equipment secured or returned.
- Follow up to ensure payments/honoraria have been received.