In addition to meeting general degree requirements, all art history undergraduate majors must complete 14 courses and an 8-credit senior project, as follows:
- ARH 1010/History of Art Survey I
- ARH 1020/History of Art Survey II
- ARH 1021/History of Art Survey II Discussion
- Six specialized art history courses, which must include:
- ARH 3880/Junior Seminar in Art History
- One course in the history of art before 1800
- Two studio courses in the visual arts
- Three courses in related disciplines and/or a foreign language
- SPJ 4990/Senior Project I: 4 credits
- SPJ 4991/Senior Project II: 4 credits
Note: An art history course offered by the School of Liberal Studies may not be used to fulfill requirement 1, 2, 3, or 4 above, but may be used as a general elective.
Internships may also be taken at the Neuberger Museum of Art or at area museums and galleries. Internships can count toward the elective academic requirements for the major.
Art History majors with a particular interest in museums may want to consider the Museum Studies Minor as a supplement to the major.