Minor in Art History
The minor in art history is designed for undergraduate students in all disciplines at Purchase College who are interested in art history and visual culture.
Students interested in pursuing this minor should submit a completed Application for a Program of Minor Study to the School of Humanities main office. Upon admission to the minor, the student is assigned a minor advisor from the art history faculty.
Academic Requirements for the Minor in Art History
Six courses in art history, as follows:
- ARH 1010/History of Art Survey I
- ARH 1020/History of Art Survey II
- ARH 1021/History of Art Survey II Discussion
- Three specialized art history courses (2000 level or above)
Note: Art history courses offered by the School of Liberal Studies & Continuing Education may not be used to fulfill these requirements.
Updates to the 2016–18 Purchase College Catalog:
- History of Art Survey II discussion given separate course number (ARH 1021), 01/26/17.