Personal Safety Committee
Our committee’s goal is to assure Purchase College students, faculty, staff, and visitors they can be safe, and to also feel safe while here.
The Personal Safety Committee provides a portal for safety-related information at Purchase College. Within this website you will find information regarding initiatives and organizations at Purchase College and in the community concerned with your safety.
It is the policy of the State University of New York to comply with legal requirements of Article 129A of New York State Educational Law 6431. Accordingly, the Board of Trustees of the State University of New York has adopted written rules requiring campuses to establish campus safety advisory committees. These committees will provide advice and written reports on issues relating to personal safety on the campus as well as perform additional requirements 20USC1092(f), also known as the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.
How can we help you today?
Emergency Phone Numbers
UPD Emergency to report crimes or any dangerous situation: (914) 251-6911 (you can request a confidential counselor after hours at this number as well)
- Health Services: (914) 251-6380
- Counseling Services: (914) 251-6390
- Campus Advocacy Services: (914) 251-6390
- Suicide Prevention: (800) 273-8255
- Title IX Office (report sexual assault/harassment): (914) 251-5992
- Facilities Management: (914) 251-6920
Preparing for Emergencies
A complete catalog of emergency protocols is available on the UPD website. We recommend everyone read and familiarize themselves with the proper response to situations such as active shooters, severe weather, bomb threats, police activity, and more.
Staying Safe Around Campus
- There are more than 52 emergency blue light phones located on the campus.
- Connect directly to the New York State University Police Department when picked up, making the reporting of emergency situations, or suspicious persons instantaneous.
- These phones are visible by their blue or red lights or in the case of Fort Awesome, the bright caution-yellow phone housing box.
Logs and Records
Learn about the history of campus safety, crime statistics, and more on UPD’s Logs and Records page.
Comprehensive Interactive Maps
Get information about campus layout, handicapped accessibility, parking, outdoor mask zones and more with our Interactive Map.
Members of the Personal Safety Committee
|Dayton Tucker (UPD Chief)||email@example.com|
|Lisa Miles-Boyce (Title IX)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Catherine Van Bomel, LCSW (Counseling Center, CAS [Campus Advocacy Services])||email@example.com|
|Mara Horowitz (History Lecturer)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lyric Hounshell (student)||email@example.com|
|Cindy Markus (UPD Inspector)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nelly Van-Bommel (Conservatory of Dance)||email@example.com|
|Rachel Rankin (student)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kelsey Monroe (student)||email@example.com|
|Dana Dileo (student)||firstname.lastname@example.org|