Purchase College is committed to creating a safe environment for all members of the campus community.
The College welcomes the participation of guests of the campus community at most events and facilities on the campus. This policy governs the behavior of guests and the responsibility of campus hosts.
- A guest is defined as any person not affiliated with Purchase College.
- A residential guest is defined is any person, student or guest who is visiting a room/apartment on campus and is not assigned to that particular residential complex room.
- After quite hours, any person not assigned to a particular residential complex must have an overnight guest pass, including other residential students.
- Students may not permit or assist another person to stay in a college facility without appropriate registration.
- Hosts are responsible for the behavior of their guests at all times. Failure to comply with the guest policy may result in restriction of a resident’s privilege to visit a building or host guests.
- Hosts must escort their guests at all times.
- Hosts must ensure that their guest(s) maintain a valid guest pass on their person and present it to any college official who requests it and is acting within their authority.
- All non-residents (including commuter students) must have a guest pass in order to be present within the on-campus residence halls and apartments; including off campus accommodations.
Please make sure to review the full Visitor and Guest Policy.
Guest passes are now electronic!
In order to access an electronic guest pass:
- The guest(s) must first register themselves in the Purchase College Guest System. The student host must then visit their My Housing portal in order to officially request a guest pass for their guest(s).
- Clicking on Guest Pass will take you into your MyHousing portal. While inside your portal, click on More Tasks located at the top of your screen
- Select New Visitor Pass
- Type the mobile number of the person for which you are creating a guest pass
- You will not be able to locate your guest to create a pass until they register themselves in the Purchase College Guest System
- Choose rather the guest pass will be valid for the day (prior to quiet hours), or overnight.
- Choose the correct date that your guest(s) will be visiting
- After you submit all information, your guest(s) will receive their electronic guest pass by phone
- Remember that all Purchase College students can only have two (2) guests at one time
- Make sure your guest has their pass available to show while on campus at all times
As a guest, please make sure to fully review the Visitor and Guest Expectations prior to arriving to campus.