Students cannot register guests until January 31st
The Spring 2022 guest policy has been updated. Please review the process below in order to register future guests.
Residential Guest Policy
At this time, students may not have more than 2 guests at any time (please see additional guidelines regarding day or overnight guests listed below). A guest is defined as any person visiting a residential space to which they are not officially assigned/designated as the resident of that space. Please keep in mind that you must consult with your roommates/suite-mates/apartment-mates and get their consent for your guest to visit your residential space before you can begin the guest registration process. While Purchase residents are currently permitted to have 2 guests in their residential space, residents are also responsible for ensuring that their room/suite/apartment never exceeds the maximum capacity for their space (please see below for maximum capacity limits). This will require advanced planning and coordination between roommate/suite-mates/apartment-mates.
- A “Day guest” is to be considered any person visiting a residential space to which they are not officially assigned/designated as a resident of that space between the hours of 10:00am through 9:59pm.
- If the day guest is a Purchase College student they are not required to register as a guest.
- If the day guest is not a current Purchase College student they are required to register as a guest and must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster dose when eligible (see instructions listed below on how to register your guest and submit proof of vaccination).
- Purchase students must have a valid Purchase ID with them at all times and are required to present that ID to College officials whenever asked to do so. Non-Purchase guests are required to have an ID and their approved guest pass available at all times and must present it to a college official when asked to do so.
- Guests must be accompanied by their host at all times.
- Residential students may host 2 day time guests in their residential housing assignment on campus but no residential space can exceed the following maximum capacity limits listed below (see overnight guests below for capacity). Please coordinate with your roommates to ensure you are not exceeding the following capacity limits (these numbers include the students assigned to the space):
- As a reminder, masks are required in all campus facilities, including residential hallways, lobbies, lounges, elevators, and common spaces.
- An “overnight guest” is considered any person visiting a residential space to which they are not officially assigned/designated as the resident of that space past 10:00pm, irrespective of intent to sleep in that space for the duration of that night or not.
- Overnight guests may be a non-student or a currently registered Purchase College student.
- Residential students may host 2 overnight guests in their residential housing assignment on campus but no residential space can exceed the following maximum capacity limits listed below. Please coordinate with your roommates to ensure you are not exceeding the following capacity limits (these numbers include the students assigned to the space):
- For units designed as a residence hall single – 3 persons
- For units designed as a residence hall double – 4 persons
- For units designed as a residence hall triple – 6 persons
- For units designed as a residence hall four person suite – 8 persons
- For units designed as a residence hall 6, 7, or 8 person suite – 12 persons
- For apartment units designed for two residents – 4 persons
- For apartment units designed as four residents – 8 persons
- For apartment units designed as six residents – 12 persons
- Guests are required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with applicable booster dose prior to their arrival to campus (see the instructions listed below).
- Overnight guests cannot stay in a residential space on campus as a guest for more than two nights a week.
- All overnight guests must be officially registered and approved as a guest (see the instructions listed below).
- Guests must have their approved guest pass with them at all times.
- Guests must be accompanied by their host at all times.
Guest Registration Process
In order for your request to be approved, you must submit your guest pass on the Wednesday prior to their arrival. For example, if you want a guest to visit between 9/23- 9/29, you would have to submit your request by 9:00am on Wednesday, 9/22. Requests will not be reviewed late or on an individual basis. If requests are not submitted by the weekly deadline, the guest will not be allowed to visit campus the following week. To request a guest pass, follow the steps outlined below. Both the guest and student host must complete steps in this process for the request to be complete:
- The guest must first register themselves in the Purchase College Guest System.
- Guest will get an email notification, your guest must click the link in the e-mail and enter the verification code provided in the e-mail.
- The guest must upload proof of vaccination for staff review and approval using the form on PantherLink. Uploading proof of vaccination only needs to be submitted once for that guest.
- The student hosting the guest must visit their online Housing Portal.
- Visit purchase.edu/portal
- Click on “MyHeliotrope”
- After signing in, click on “Housing and Meal Plans” and then click the “Housing” tab
- While on your portal, click on “More Tasks” located at the top of your screen
- Select “New Visitor Pass”
- Type the mobile number of the person for which you are creating a guest pass. Please note that if you have previously registered this individual as a guest in prior academic years they should still be in our system but will need to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination in Pantherlink.
- You will not be able to locate your guest to create a pass until they register themselves in the Purchase College Guest system.
- Hosts must know the phone number and template in which it was submitted or you will not be able to move forward – i.e. (914)2510000 vs. 914251000 vs. 914-251-0000.
- Choose whether the guest pass will be valid for the day versus overnight.
- Choose the correct date that your guest will be visiting
- After you submit all information, a Purchase College official will review vaccination status (every Wednesday) and information submittal for approval.
- Your guest will receive a guest pass sent to their phone. The top of the guest pass will remain red until the guest is scheduled to be on campus.
- If your guest has not uploaded vaccine information to the system, our office will revoke the guest pass.
- Remember that all Purchase College students can only have one (2) guests at one time.
- Make sure your guest has their pass available to show while on campus at all times.
- Guest registration may be requested up to 14 days prior to the date in which they are requesting to visit campus.
Additional Expectations Regarding Residential Guests:
- Students are responsible for the behavior of their guests.
- Students are responsible for consulting their roommates/suite-mates/apartment-mates to get their consent for their guest(s) to visit the residential space before beginning the guest registration process.
- Residents are strongly encouraged to immediately contact the RA on-duty if there is ever a conflict. It is the RA’s responsibility to resolve the matter by instructing/directing the guest(s) to leave and record the action in an incident report. Professional Staff, and possibly University Police, will be contacted if the individuals refuse to comply with the request. The guest may end up with a PNG from campus. The host will then be referred to the Office of Community Standards.
- Guests must comply with any college policy and/or any local, state, or federal law, rule, or regulations (including but not limited to campus mask policies when outside of the residential space and facility).
- Failure to comply with the residential guest policy may result in disciplinary action including probation or suspension from campus housing.
- Students may not have residential guests under the age of 17 without written parental/guardian consent. A student desiring to have a guest under the age of 17 must contact the Office of Community Engagement at least 48 hours prior to the guest coming on to campus.
- Until further notice, registered parties are prohibited. Large gatherings in all residential facilities on campus are also currently prohibited. Large gatherings are defined as any residential space (e.g., room, suite, apartment, etc.) that has more than two guests per assigned resident of that space. Each resident of a room/suite may host no more than 1 guest (including overnight) at one time.
- Regardless of guests, rooms/apartments must have an accessible exit and entrance, clear of obstruction.
- If a guest is bringing a vehicle to campus, that vehicle MUST have a guest parking pass and the guest must park in West 2. The parking pass can be obtained from the RA on Duty (if after hours or on the weekend) or the Residence Coordinator (during business hours) for a particular residential area once the guest has arrived and can show a valid guest pass.
The Division of Student Affairs will continue to evaluate and assess the guest policy throughout the semesters and reserves the right make adjustments as necessary. Students will be notified via their official Purchase College email of any changes to the guest policy.