Opening and Closing Information
August 2022 Opening Information:
Freshman: Thursday, August 25th 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Returning and Transfer Students: Friday, August 26th & Saturday August 27th 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
How to Prepare for Check In:
- Prior to move in day, be sure you have access to your MyHelitrope page
- Obtain a Rapid COVID-19 Antigen test to take no more than 5 hours prior to check in.
- Follow the instructions in your check-in email (Sent to your purchase email on August 1st)
- Arrive to West 1 and the Performing Arts Center at your designated check in date/time.
- Please do not arrive early or on a date not assigned to you. You will be asked to wait.
- Proceed to the lower lobby.
- Check into your housing assignment on your Housing Portal.
- Pick up and sign for your keys.
- Head to the designated parking area to unload your belongings.
- After unloading, move your car to west 2.
- Dress for hot/humid weather .
- Be prepared for the building you are moving into.
- Remember, Crossroads, Farside, Central, The Olde, The Commons and Alumni Village do not have elevators.
- Bring wheels of some sort to help you move belongings, we will not have moving bins available.
- Don’t overpack.
- Complete your Electronic Room Condition Report before unpacking your room.
Electronic Room Condition Report
- Please complete your electronic room condition report once you move in.
- This will help you avoid damage billing at the end of the year.
- You will receive instructions on Wednesday, August 24th.
- These must be completed by September 2nd. After this date it will no longer be available and you are accepting the condition of your room as noted on the form.
- Meal Plans begin Thursday, August 25th at 5 p.m.
- The loop service will begin on Thursday, August 25th running on a Sunday schedule.
Please email our office with any questions.
Complete your electronic check in on your Housing Portal on the day that you check into campus using the steps below:
- Go to the Current Students page.
- Click on myHeliotrope
- Sign in using your email and password
- Click the Housing and Meal Plan Box
- Click on Housing
- While in the MyHousing Portal, Scroll down to Begin Express Check-In
- You will then receive a confirmation screen. Click again to confirm.
- You are all checked in!
2022–2023 Residence Hall Closing and Opening Dates
- Thursday, August 25, 2022 - New Students Move In
- Friday, August 26 & Saturday, August 27, 2022 - Returning Students Move In
- Friday, December 16, 2022 - All Residential Areas (Including apartments) Close at 7 pm for Winter Break
- Tuesday, January 17, 2023 - All Residential Areas Re-Open at 10 am for the Spring Semester
- Wednesday, May 10, 2023 - All Non-Graduating Students must move out by 10 am
- Friday, May 12, 2023 - All Graduating Students must move out by 9 pm