Opening and Closing Information
Please review the information regarding upcoming opening and closing information.
Spring Break Closing
All residence halls (Big Haus, Farside, Crossroads, Fort Awesome, Outback and Campus Center North) close for Spring Break on Friday, March 29, 2019 by 7:00pm. The buildings reopen on Sunday, April 7, 2019 after 2:00 pm.
More information regarding specific spring break closing directions will be sent to residents Purchase email by their Residence Coordinator.
When you leave your room make sure you:
- Clean your room and suite/apartment common areas.
- Close and lock your windows and lower the blinds/shades.
- Unplug ALL electronics! (Except for institutional provided refrigerators and ovens - EMPTY FRIDGE OF PERISHABLE ITEMS).
- Remove ALL trash and recycling from your room/apartment. Trash removal/exterminator costs can be charged to students failing to complete this task.
- Turn off all lights (room and bathroom and common areas/hallways).
- Take all the belongings you will need during the break. You will not have access to your room after you check-out. It is recommended that valuables be taken home with you.
- Lock your bedroom door/apartment door and remember your keys! Please note, that the locks are changed temporarily over break, but you will need your keys to return on April 7, 2019.
Residents WILL NOT have access to their rooms until April 7, 2019 after 2:00pm. Pack everything you need! Please remember to check that you have:
- ID’s (License/Passport/MORE CARD, etc.)
- Credit Cards/Money
- Keys (House Keys, Car Keys, Residence Hall/Apartment Keys, etc.)
- Electronics (Chargers, Phone, Computer, etc.)
- Other Valuables
- Any holiday presents for friends or family
August 2019 Opening
Freshman residents will move-in on Thursday, August 22, 2019.
Residents who live in Big Haus, Crossroads, and Farside will check in by floor during designated time blocks:
Third Floors: 9:00am - 10:30am
Second Floors: 10:30am - 12:00pm
First Floors: 1:00pm - 2:30pm
Basement Levels: 2:30pm - 4:00pm
Residents who live in Fort Awesome, Outback, Wayback, Campus Center North, The Olde, Alumni Village and The Commons will check in from 9:00am to 1:00pm.
Detailed move-in day directions, unloading parking permit and panther pass bar-code will begin being emailed to students around August 14, 2019. Please check your Purchase email for these important documents and announcements.
Please note that there will be a Welcome Back BBQ at the Dining Hall on Thursday, August 22 from 11:00am to 2:00pm. Freshmen residents and their guests are welcomed to attend the BBQ before or after they check-in to their housing assignment.
Please review our Planning Your Check-In Site for more useful tips on move in day.
Returning/Transfer residential students will move-in on Saturday, August 24, 2019.
Staff will be available to check in residents in all areas of campus from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Returning residents can also check in on Sunday, August 25 from 9:00am to 5:00m.
Graduate residential students will move-in on Monday, August 19, 2019.
Staff will be available to check in residents in all areas of campus from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
All resident students should complete the following steps in order to be in good standing with the college:
1. Submit all immunizations/Physical Examination Forms. Completed forms should be sent to email@example.com
2. Complete Alcohol Edu and Sexual Assault Prevention at: www.everfi.com/register
3. Make sure the fall semester E-Bill is in good standing by one or more of the following
- Full payment of your bill received by August 15, 2018
- Enrolled in a college approved payment plan
- Authorized Financial Aid
- A combination of any of the above methods.
For questions or status updates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Due Dates:
Fall 2018 bills are due by August 15, 2018.
Spring 2019 bills are due by January 9, 2019.
Summer Housing 2019
All summer housing this year will take place within the Commons apartment community. Summer housing is restricted to only those students that are enrolled in summer school, or are working for an approved Purchase College office. All students that are working for a Purchase College office must be approved by that office. Requests for summer housing for these summer student workers must be submitted by the Purchase College office and not the student. Summer housing occupancy periods may be subject to change by the College based on unforeseen alterations in the summer calendar or for other reasons such as facility related projects.
If a student is enrolled in summer school, they may only be assigned to summer housing during the summer session for which they are enrolled.
Summer school session periods are as follows:
- Session 1: June 4 – June 29
- Session 2: June 4 – July 27
- Session 3: July 2 – July 27
- Whole Summer: June 4 – July 27
Those students that are approved summer workers may only be assigned to summer housing during the time period that has been approved for the student to work for a Purchase College office. Approved assignment dates are communicated to these students in a separate summer assignment notice.
All students that are assigned to summer housing must agree to the terms located in the Summer Housing Agreement.