Opening and Closing Information
Please review the information regarding upcoming opening and closing information.
- All residence halls (Big Haus, Crossroads, Farside, Fort Awesome, Outback, and Wayback) will close during Thanksgiving break, beginning Wednesday, November 27 by 9:00am.
- For detailed information on the closing process for residence halls, students should review the email that will be sent to their purchase.edu account on Monday, November 4, 11, 18, and 25.
- The residence halls will reopen on Sunday, December 1 after 2:00pm.
- All apartment communities will remain open during Thanksgiving break.
- Apartment students who plan to remain on campus during this time must complete the Thanksgiving Occupancy Form (form will activate on November 2).
- For other detailed information on living in the apartments for the Thanksgiving holiday, students should review the email that will be sent to their purchase.edu account on Monday, November 4, 11, 18, and 25.
Residence Halls and Apartment Communities
- All residence halls and apartment communities (besides PREP housing) will close on Friday, December 13 at 7:00pm.
- Residents are expected to depart campus 24 hours after their last exam or by Friday, December 13 at 7:00pm, whichever comes first.
- Students who depart later than Friday, December 13 at 7:00pm will be charged a $75 late departure fee.
- It is very important that students plan ahead for their departure so that they leave campus within the departure guidelines.
- Residence halls and apartment communities will reopen on Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 11:00am.
- More information on preparing for fall semester closing will be posted on this page and sent to students’ purchase.edu accounts in early December.
Wayback and Apartment Communities
- Closing will be completed by appointment starting May 6-May 15, 2020. Appointment hours will be from 9am-9pm each day. Please do not sign up for more than one time. Once you sign up, your time cannot be changed.
- Appointment times are limited each hour
- Students must sign up for an appointment. There is a limited number of appointments per hour to support social distancing.
- The links to sign up for closing are the following:
- The appointment time a student signs up for is meant for that student is packed and ready to move all belongings out of the room/apartment.
- Each student will have 1 hour and 15 minutes to move all items out, complete an express check-out envelope and return keys.
- Bins will be available however, it is advisable to bring your own dolly or cart since bins will be used by multiple people during the closing process
- A limited number of bins will be available in the Wayback Lobby and outside of the Olde Community Center. Please make sure to return the bins to the location you borrowed it from so that others may use them after you.
- When moving out, especially in Wayback, you should wear a face covering such as a mask, scarf, etc.
- When using an elevators in Wayback, please ensure that it is used by one family only at a time.
- Please limit the number of people helping you to 1 inside of the building. Those designated as helpers should also wear a face covering.
- Express check-out envelopes will be located outside of the Olde Community Center for apartment residents and Wayback RA office for Wayback residents.
- For more information regarding closing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All summer housing this year will take place within The Olde apartment community.
- Summer housing is restricted to only those students who have been approved through the application process.
- Summer housing occupancy periods may be subject to change by the college based on unforeseen alterations in the summer calendar or for other reasons such as facility-related projects.
- If a student is enrolled in summer school, they may only be assigned to summer housing during the summer session for which they are enrolled.
- All students that are assigned to summer housing must agree to the terms located in the Summer Housing Agreement.