Main content
Our Hours Today:

Workers’ Compensation

Workers’ compensation benefits are intended to protect employees against a loss of income or employment when they have suffered an on-the-job injury or illness.

  • All work-related accidents should be immediately reported to your supervisor. 
  • Call the University Police at (914) 251-6900 within 24 hours to report a work-related injury or illness. In addition, employees should call the Accident Reporting System (ARS) at (888) 800-0029.
  • If you are absent from work due to your injury or illness, you must notify Deborah Bradshaw, Senior Personnel Associate, in the Office of Human Resources at (914) 251-5901,, and will need to provide ongoing medical documentation during your absence.
  • To assist its members, UUP has entered into an agreement with a statewide law firm, Fine, Olin & Anderman LLP (FOA), which concentrates on workers’ compensation and Social Security disability. More information on this benefit is available under Benefits > Other Links > “FOA Workers Compensation” on