Part-Time and Campus Jobs
Students who would like to find part-time work during the academic year can search for on-campus and off-campus opportunities. The first place to start this search is on Purchase JobScore. Students can also meet with a Career Counselor to learn about additional part-time job search resources and strategies for applying.
If a department has not listed their opportunities on Purchase JobScore you may also contact the department directly to inquire about possible job opportunities. On-campus departments and offices also offer internship opportunities. Learn more about on-campus internships!
For Students Awarded Federal College Work-Study (as indicated on your Financial Aid Award Letter)
Come prepared to Student Financial Services and bring copies of:
- A photo ID such as your driver’s license, or your U.S. Passport or your More Card, AND
Either your social security card or a copy of your birth certificate.
(These documents are required of everyone working in the U.S., not just students)
Search for Work-Study opportunities on Purchase JobScore
For Other Campus Job Opportunities: Non-Work-Study (Temp Service)
Log into Purchase JobScore and search for jobs that are listed as “On-Campus Non Work Study.”
Steps to Finding Campus Jobs Using Purchase JobScore
Students are auto-imported weekly into Purchase JobScore. If you have not logged in yet, please select “Generate or Reset Password”, with your full Purchase email address, to have an email sent to you to set a password and access your account.
- Log into Purchase JobScore
Once logged in select “Job Search” and filter by the correct “Position Type”. Either:
On-Campus Work Study: If you received federal work study as part of your financial aid package
- On-Campus Non-Work Study: If you are looking for a campus job, but do not have work-study.
- On-Campus Work Study: If you received federal work study as part of your financial aid package
On-Campus jobs will show in your search results. For those you are interested in, follow the application instructions in each the posting.
- If you see the message “You do not have any resumes available to submit. Please upload a resume and try again” that means the employer wants you to apply through Purchase JobScore.
- To do that you will have to upload your resume (and possibly a cover letter) under “Add a Resume” on the home page. Please note your first resume will be pending upon approval by a Career Center staff member.
Part time and summer job opportunities can offer students a chance to develop new skills for the job market, as well as “try out” special career fields or industries. These positions can be located by utilizing Purchase JobScore which allows you to easily search for and apply to part-time on-campus and off-campus jobs. Other web sites to check that list part time & summer jobs are: