Program Learning Outcomes
- Attaining skills in teaching through both practical, hands-on experience and an understanding of the theories and criticism of arts pedagogy.
- Pursuing a theoretical, historical, and cultural understanding of contemporary art via seminars, research and writing, and courses in critical topics related to current arts and media.
- Preparing for a professional life in the arts through visits to artists’ studios and venues connected to grant writing, curating, publishing, and other activities that allow for a broad-based understanding of an increasingly diversified art world.
- Exploring possibilities of community engagement and exhibitions outside the immediate world of the academy.
- Developing a sense of an ethical practice that both challenges the status quo and seeks opportunities to reach diverse audiences.
- Gaining demonstrable excellence in one area of artistic practice while engaging the broader discourse of contemporary art and its many distinctive modalities.