Students must meet all General Education requirements as well as conservatory requirements for graduation.
BFA in Dance: Performance Concentration: A minimum of 120 credits that include 85-90 major credits depending on courses taken plus 30 general education credits.
Students in the performance concentration must successfully complete:
- 6 credits of Purchase Dance Company (DPB 3055, DPM 3055) and participation in Senior Project (DPC 4890).
- all required courses as listed below with a minimum grade of “C” in all non-pass/fail courses.
- *For the ballet and modern technique classes, students are placed in class according to placement level.
All students must successfully complete:
- 4 courses of Ballet Partnering (DPB 1600, 1610, 1671, 3570, 3571) or Modern Partnering (DPM 3570 and 3571). Modern Partnering is only available to students in the last two years of study.
- In addition to DPM 1555 which is taken in the first year by all dance majors, an additional 3 courses in Somatic Practice are required (DPM 1551–1554, 1556-1559)