The Conservatory of Dance BFA program offers professional training for serious and dedicated dance students, with daily classes in classical ballet and contemporary modern dance, as well as an extensive curriculum in composition.
The program emphasizes both performance and choreography, providing students with a broad artistic foundation through the four-year composition program and studies of music, dance history, dance production, anatomy, core curriculum courses, and a wide variety of electives.
- Conservatory-style training
- Rigorous, rich programs in classical ballet and modern/contemporary dance
- Internationally distinguished faculty, who strive to bring out the very best in technique, artistry, and creativity in each student
- Numerous performance opportunities
- Stimulating, supportive and focused community
- Proximity to the living laboratory of New York City dance companies and choreographers
- A learning environment in which students can feel safe and supported to take risks while reaching toward their highest potential as artists
- The greatest number of study-abroad programs in any dance BFA program in the United States.
The four-year dance BFA program culminates with the senior project, for which each senior performs a repertory piece by a professional choreographer of their choice, choreographs an original work, and co-produces a concert.
The Bessie Award category honors an artist who has made an exceptional leap in their career.
The Award recognizes the impact of her choreography.
Named one of the “next generation” at Chicago’s Hubbard Street Dance.
Cave will receive The 2023 Tony Honors for Excellence in the Theatre.