The Conservatory of Dance BFA program offers professional training for serious and dedicated dance students, with daily classes in classical ballet and contemporary modern dance, as well as an extensive curriculum in composition.
The program emphasizes both performance and choreography, providing students with a broad artistic foundation through the four-year composition program and studies of music, dance history, dance production, anatomy, core curriculum courses, and a wide variety of electives.
- Conservatory-style training
- Rigorous, rich programs in classical ballet and modern/contemporary dance
- Internationally distinguished faculty, who strive to bring out the very best in technique, artistry, and creativity in each student
- Numerous performance opportunities
- Stimulating, supportive and focused community
- Proximity to the living laboratory of New York City dance companies and choreographers
- A learning environment in which students can feel safe and supported to take risks while reaching toward their highest potential as artists
- The greatest number of study-abroad programs in any dance BFA program in the United States.
The four-year dance BFA program culminates with the senior project, for which each senior performs a repertory piece by a professional choreographer of their choice, choreographs an original work, and co-produces a concert.
Lisa Dawn Cave ’83 Earns Special Tony Award
Cave will receive The 2023 Tony Honors for Excellence in the Theatre.
Thomas Warfield ’88 Celebrated for Career Achievement
Warfield has been a creative force for 25 years.
Keerati Jinakunwiphat ’16 Makes History at NYCB
The choreographer is the first-ever Asian American woman commissioned to create new work at the New York City Ballet.
Purchase Dance Represents at The LA Dance ProjectSix of 18 dancers in this season’s company hail from Purchase.