Diversity Resources and Programming
There are many resources and programs on campus that explore intersectional identities and seeks to develop cultural competency through student engagement, programming and meaningful dialogue. From academic programs to student organizations committed to diversity education, we are committed to supporting and educating the Purchase community.
- Asian Studies
- Casa Purchase: An Outreach Center for Latin American Studies
- Gender Studies
- Global Black Studies
- Latin American Studies
Educational Opportunity Program
The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) and Merit Access Program (MAP) community at Purchase College provides the opportunity for a college education for students who have not reached their full academic potential because of limited financial resources and inadequate academic preparation. EOP at Purchase has a committed, dedicated staff who are eager to assist students succeed. Located in Student Services Building, Room 217.
Cultural Student Organizations part of PSGA:
- American Sign Language: Multicultural Center in Fort Awesome Thursdays 6-7pm
- Complexuality: Commuter Lounge in CCN Tuesdays 10pm
- Disabled Students’ Union
- F.O.R.T.H.: Devoted to pursuing feminist causes. Humanities 2031 Thursdays 8-9:30pm
- Hillel: CCN Room 0003 Wednesdays 12-2pm
- Hip-Hop Club: CCN 0016 Mondays 10pm
- Latinos Unidos: CCN 0016 Tuesdays 10pm
- The Organization of African People in the Americas (O.A.P.I.A.): CCN 0016 Thursdays 10pm
- Muslim Students Association: CCN 0016 Thursdays 3pm
- Students of Caribbean Ancestry (S.O.C.A.): CCN 0016
PSGA Diversity Committee:
A committee made up of students part of the Purchase Student Government Association.
Student Affairs Diversity Committee:
The Student Affairs Diversity Committee will focus on planning and executing diversity programs and education in alignment with the strategic diversity efforts of the college. The committee will organize programs that concentrate on diversity topics, including but not limited to access, equity, identity, privilege, discrimination, systemic racism, vocabulary, civic programs and support departments in Student Affairs in planning and implementing diversity programs. Visit the Collaborate Page to view the Student Affairs Diversity Committee page.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee:
This is a standing committee of the Purchase College Senate that supports The Purchase College Diversity Plan.
Chief Diversity Officer
Monthly Celebrations and Awareness Programs
Each month our staff is committed to celebrating and honoring the cultures and identities of our community. The programming tied to these months provide opportunities for students and staff to connect, learn and recognize the complexities of cultural identity and self exploration. Though events are hosted during their celebrated months, our programming and dialogue is not limited to those sole four weeks.