Our vision is that all commuter students are fully valued, supported, recognized and integrated with the Purchase College community.
The Office of Community Engagement is committed to providing quality services that advocate and meet the needs of Purchase College commuter students. More specifically:
- Support the needs of commuter students by offering convenient and accessible services.
- Foster a sense of belonging, involvement and connection for commuter students with each other and the Purchase community.
- Provide programming that enhances the educational experience for commuter students and is conducive to commuter students’ needs and schedules.
- Advocate for College-wide efforts to increase services and programming for commuter students.
- Provide personalized, timely information and resources that are necessary for commuter student success and inclusive of the larger campus community as well as specific departmental services, such as Parking Services and Transportation.
- Maintain and facilitate usage of the Commuter Student Lounge which is located in Campus Center North.
Commuter Student Check-In Days
To ensure that commuter students’ needs are met with course registration, bills and other important college deadlines, commuter students are invited to check-in with us when upon their return to Purchase. Please bring a copy of your PantherPass barcode to your respective check-in day.
Personal Property Insurance
Commuter students enrolled at Purchase College are eligible to apply for renters insurance at a discounted rate for being enrolled at the college. Students are not automatically enrolled and should apply for personal property insurance by submitting the following application.