Purchase in the City
Taste the Big Apple!
The cultural capital of the world—New York City—is a mere 30 miles south of our campus. Student Affairs and Enrollment Management has partnered with the academic areas and the Purchase College Association to sponsor experiences in and around the greater New York City area.
Home to some of the world’s biggest companies, museums, and theaters, New York City stands at the intersection of innovation, art, and enterprise. We couple the networks and knowledge of our dedicated professors, staff, and alumni to expose Purchase students to the energetic center of so many industries and movements.
The trips create connections among peers, alumni, and faculty, and with the City itself, which becomes an extension of our campus for experiential learning outside the classroom.
Spring 2022 Trip Schedule
- February 20: Park City Armory
- February 26: El Museo del Barrio
- March 5: NYC Galleries
- March 12: Student Involvement Broadway Trip
- March 19: Chelsea
- March 26: LES/Tribeca Galleries
- April 23: New York Landmark Conservancy
- April 24: Manhattan Tour
Past Experiences and Trips
- November 2: Byrant Park Virtual Tour
- September 14: Day in the Life at Buzzfeed
- September 24: Country Music Hall of Fame Tour
- February 1: Museum of Illusions
- February 8: Processing Community Day at The New School University Center with various faculty
- February 15: National Museum of Mathematics with Professor Tunyan
Additional Virtual Experiences
Many museums and cultural institutions have experiences that you can experience right from your own home. Some of our favorites include:
- Visit Paris and experience the Louvre’s exhibition rooms & galleries.
- Online exhibits from the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Explore the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, Netherlands with virtual tours of the galleries and looks into the artists’ life.
- The National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea provides a look into its famous galleries exploring Korean art.