Guiding Light Award
The Guiding Light Award is given in memory of the former Director of Career Development, Jill Richman, made possible through the generosity of Jill’s family and friends.
This award is given to any faculty/staff member whose work with students goes above and beyond in helping shape the future of students at Purchase College in a positive manner. Nominees must have provided guidance, inspiration and motivation for personal growth and professional development to achieve their maximum potential of student success and achievement during their time at Purchase College.
Nominations are due by March 20, 2020.
- 2009: Dr. Nina Strauss, Professor of Literature
- 2010: Peter Sprague, Director/Manager of Humanities Theater
- 2011: Maria Guralnik, Assistant Professor of Practice in Arts Management and Entrepreneurship
- 2012: Soyoung Yoon, School of Film and Media Studies
- 2013: Dr. Kathleen McCormick, Professor of Literature and Pedagogy
- 2014: Dr. A. Dean Bell, Visiting Associate Professor of Screenwriting
- 2015: Marc Brudzinski, Assistant Professor of Language and Culture, School of Humanities
- 2016: Dr. Ryan Taylor, Associate Professor of Environmental Studies
- 2017: Dr. Kaori Kubo Germano, Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology
- 2018: Morris Kaplan, Professor of Philosophy.
- 2019: Dr. David Kim, Assistant Professor of Anthropology
VP Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Quality of Student Life
This award is given to a student who has shown leadership, service, campus involvement, and positive displays of Purchase and campus pride.
Nominations will begin in spring 2020.
- 2001: Alejandro Nolasco
- 2004: Maya Ardon
- 2005: Jeffrey Stein
- 2006: Faina Bukher
- 2007: Shawn Ryder
- 2008: Steven Sabel
- 2010: Kevin Collymore
- 2012: Dana Mancuso
- 2013: Vincent Perrone
- 2014: Shontay Richardson
- 2015: Lidia Franco
- 2016: Samantha Richie
- 2017: Hailey Marino
- 2018: Jada Cheek
- 2019: Abby McCarthy