Required Next Steps
You’ll need a Purchase email address before you can do anything else. Activate your Purchase College email at: Online Account Activation
- Select “Activate your account for the first time”
- Agree to the terms
- Enter the email address you used on your application and date of birth and click “Submit” and then “Create Your Password” to activate your account
Once you’ve activated your email account, you can now make it official by sending a deposit and securing your spot.
Deposits are due:
May 15 for fall Graduate enrollment
June 1 for fall Undergraduate enrollment
Enrollment Deposit ONLY: $150
Enrollment and Housing Deposit: $400
- Go to myHeliotrope
- Sign in using your Purchase email and password
- Click the “New Student” box
- Click “Pay Deposits”
Purchase College does not ask or consider a response to the criminal history question in the admissions decision process. However, please be aware that if you seek access to student housing, study abroad or internship opportunities, or professional licensure, you will be asked to provide this information. Also be aware that a prior felony conviction may impede your ability to complete your chosen degree program or receive professional licensure in your chosen field.
Once you’ve paid your housing deposit, you’ll be prompted to complete the Residence License Agreement (RLA) and room preference questionnaire.
Housing assignments for fall will be sent out in July; move-in is August 27.
Students need to be registered for a full-time schedule (12 credits) by August 1 (fall semester) or January 15 (spring semester) for housing.
Once you’ve paid your Enrollment Deposit and set up your email/myHeliotrope account, you should proceed to the New Student Registration page and follow the instructions for your student type (freshmen or transfer) and academic program. Graduate students: get in touch with your academic departments for registration information.
In order to move into your housing assignment and attend classes, you must submit the following:
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) Immunization Record
- Online Meningitis Information Survey
- College Entrance Health History and Physical Examination
- EverFi AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention courses
If you need accommodations because of a disability, be sure to contact the Office of Disability Resources to make a registration appointment and discuss your needs: email@example.com or (914) 251-6035.
- Final official high school transcript with your graduation date. Complete our request form and submit it to your high school.
- Final official college transcript(s) from all colleges you’ve attended after your last term ends.
- AP and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) scores from The College Board. Our CEEB code is 2878.
Highly Recommended Steps
This spring, admissions will offer alternate admitted events that will take place online only.
We will be conducting live chats with Academic Departments, Support Services/Offices as well as current student live chats.
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete your TAP application (New York State Residents)
- Student Financial Services
- If you already have medical insurance, waive the Purchase Health Insurance through myHeliotrope
Order your parking permit through myHeliotrope:
- Click on the “Student” tab
- Select “Parking Options”
Orientation is where we really get things rolling here at Purchase. It’s a big part of starting your life here. You’ll get a taste of campus life, traditions, and social opportunities, learn about on and off campus resources, and connect with faculty, staff, and fellow students.
If you wish to decline or defer your acceptance please fill out this form so that we can properly advise you on your next steps.
Refund requests for enrollment are to be made in writing to the Office of Admissions by May 1, 2020 or 30 days from the date of your acceptance. Deposits are non-refundable after the deadline.
Enrollment refund requests have been extended until July 22, 2020. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating you no longer are attending the Fall 2020 semester and would like an enrollment refund.