In addition to meeting general degree requirements, all gender studies majors must complete a minimum of seven courses with a grade of C or higher and an 8-credit senior project (31–36 credits total), as follows.
- GND 1200/Introduction to Gender and Sexuality: 4 credits
- Five electives in gender studies: 15–20 credits
- One theory course: 4 credits
- SPJ 4990/Senior Project I: 4 credits
- SPJ 4991/Senior Project II: 4 credits
- All students majoring in gender studies who do not have a second major are required to declare a minor and enroll in the methods course or junior seminar offered in that minor’s discipline. Consult with your minor advisor about appropriate coursework.
- An internship is highly recommended.