Requirements for Minor
Academic Requirements for the Minor in Film/Video Production
Five courses, as follows:
- FLM 1050/Introduction to Digital Filmmaking
- PSW 1010/Screenwriting I
- One of the following two-course sequences:
- FLM 3050 and 3051/Directing the Scene I and II
- FLM 3025 and 3026/Documentary Filmmaking I and II
- FLM 3610 and 3620/Experimental Workshop (two-semester course)
- One of the following elective courses:
CIN 2200/Music Video and Popular Culture
CIN 2500/Principles of Montage
CIN 3040/Film Sound: Technique and Theory
NME 3010/Cross-Cultural Video Production
PSW 3120/The Writer and the Documentary
PSW 3400/The TV Writer’s Room
PSW 3500/Writing the Web Series
- CIN 1100, being replaced in fall 2018 by FLM 3050, satisfies the requirement for FLM 3050.
- CMS 1400/Introduction to Video Techniques and Technology, offered by the School of Liberal Studies & Continuing Education, may be taken in lieu of FLM 1050.
- CMS 3200/Documentary Production, offered by the School of Liberal Studies & Continuing Education, may be taken in lieu of FLM 3025.