Strategic Planning and Assessment
Effective strategic plans help institutions achieve their mission through a recursive self-study process that prioritizes institutional goals that reflect the institution’s values and vision, assessable action steps to measure progress in achieving those goals, and use of assessment results to effect continuous institutional improvement.
At Purchase College, the strategic plan provides the institutional knowledge and foresight that enables the college to respond creatively to institutional benchmarks (i.e., SUNY and Middle States timelines, standards, policies, and best practices), reprioritization, and future challenges (e.g., changing demographics, SUNY Initiatives).
The Strategic Planning and Assessment Committee (SPAC):
- monitors and assesses progress towards institutional goals and implementation of Middle States recommendations;
- maintains a comprehensive knowledge of Purchase College’s strategic and institutional assessment plans, processes, and reports, and communicates this information regularly to internal and external constituencies;
- provides recommendations on strategic initiatives under consideration by the college; and
- participates in the development of new strategic plans and serves in an advisory capacity to the Middle States Self-Study Committee.
Committee Meeting Schedule (AY 2023-24)
- Wednesday, September 13, 2023; 12:00 - 1:20 p.m. via Zoom.
- Wednesday, October 18; 12:00 - 1:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 29, 2023; 12:00 - 1:20 p.m.