To eligible for studying elsewhere, you must be matriculated in a degree program at Purchase (undeclared students are not eligible) student whose overall Purchase GPA is above a 2.0 and you must not have any holds on your Purchase account. Here is a link to additional information:

Here’s how you can study at another non-SUNY School:

How to apply for Financial Aid:

  1. File your FAFSA
  2. Complete the NYS TAP Application
  3. Complete the Financial aid Arrangements form
  4. Complete the Cost of Attendance form
  5. Submit a copy the bill provided by the host school

Winter Intersession:

Students cannot use any federal or state financial aid in winter but can use Private educational student loan funding:

  1. Apply for your Private loan for Winter to ensure you can be approved.
  2. Complete the Financial aid Arrangements form
  3. Complete the Cost of Attendance form
  4. Submit a copy the bill provided by the host school

Payment and refunds

  • Tuition charges will appear as normal on you your ebill and your balance for the amount due to the Host School will appear on your ebill online as Off Campus Charges under the charges section. You can view your ebill through your MyHeliotrope account under the Student Accounts button and then View Purchase College Ebill.
  • All federal, state and institutional financial aid you qualify for will appear as a credit on your Ebill online.
  • Financial aid funds must be used to satisfy your financial obligations with your home institutional first.
  • Financial Aid funds will only generate a refund to be sent to you directly as the student if the Off Campus Charges are already paid in full and you provide a copy of your bill showing it’s been paid in full.
  • If you receive money for the program but decided not to go or withdraw mid-way, you must return the disbursed funds to the Student Accounts Office. Failure to do so may result in a loss of aid eligibility in a future semester and financial liability to Purchase College and/or the host institution.