The Purchase College Food Support Network aims to alleviate food insecurity, combat food waste, and promote sustainable food systems among our campus community by providing resources to those in need and enhance public awareness through education and advocacy.
The Food Pantry is located through the Learning Center, which is on the lower level of the Library. It can be accessed through the last room on the left in the Learning Center suite. Students will be asked to show their ID upon entering the Food Pantry to verify student status. Otherwise, use of the pantry will be anonymous and confidential.
Fall 2021 Hours:
Monday: 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Tuesday: 11:00am to 3:00pm
Wednesday: 12:00pm to 4:00pm
Thursday: 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Friday: 12:00pm to 4:00pm
- Creating a safe space to distribute good quality and nutritious emergency food to current Purchase College students.
- Creating and promoting a space on campus dedicated to food donation collection.
- Collecting good quality and nutritious food items (donations) that may otherwise go to waste to enhance sustainability initiatives on campus.
- Encouraging student engagement to foster a sense of community, volunteerism, and service to peers on campus.
The Campus Pantry distributes good quality and nutritious emergency food to Purchase College students. It also works to raise awareness around hunger issues, especially as experienced by low-income college students, and encourages student engagement to foster a sense of community and service to peers on campus.
Follow us on our Instagram for updates and new deliveries of food and items to the pantry!
Mobile Food Pantry
Once a month, a Mobile Pantry will visit campus. The new Mobile Food Pantry will bring fresh protein, dairy, produce, and grains directly to campus to assist all members of the campus community. An estimated 4,000–5,000 pounds of food will be available at the Mobile Food Pantry!
The food pantry is supported through donations from, and the kindness of, the campus community and other partners.
For donations of non-perishable food items, please contact email@example.com.
Most Needed Items:
- Breakfast items (granola bars, oatmeal, etc.)
- Shelf-stable Almond milk
- Water bottles
- Healthy snacks
- Nut butter
- Mashed potatoes
- Prepackaged meals (Hamburger Helper, Chef Boyardee, etc.)
- Canned meat
- Canned fruit/vegetables