The Purchase College Food Support Network aims to alleviate food insecurity, combat food waste and promote sustainable food systems among our campus community by providing resources to those in need and enhance public awareness through education and advocacy.
- Creating a safe space to distribute good quality and nutritious emergency food to current Purchase College students, faculty and staff.
- Creating and promoting a space on campus dedicated to food donation collection.
- Collecting good quality and nutritious food items (donations) that may otherwise go to waste to enhance sustainability initiatives on campus.
- Encouraging student engagement to foster a sense of community, volunteerism and service to peers on campus.
Food Pantry Description:
The Campus Pantry distributes good quality and nutritious emergency food to Purchase College students, faculty, and staff. It also works to raise awareness around hunger issues, especially as experienced by low-income college students, and encourages student engagement to foster a sense of community and service to peers on campus.
The Food Pantry will open a soft launch in the Spring 2019 semester in a tentative location while its permanent location is being renovated. More details of the location will be announced at the start of the spring semester.
Hours of Operation:
The food pantry’s official hours of operation will be determined at the start of the spring semester. Our proposed hours of operation will be:
Monday’s: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Wednesday’s: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Friday’s: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Help the Purchase College Community by donating to our Food Pantry. Donations can be sent to Mario Rapetti’s Office, located in Student Services Building, Room 318.
Most Needed Items:
- Breakfast items (granola bars, oatmeal, etc.)
- Shelf-stable milk
- Trail Mix/Nuts
- Spaghetti and Pasta Sauces Â
- Healthy snack
- Nut butter
- Mashed potatoes
- Prepackaged meals (Hamburger Helper, Chef Boyardee, etc.)
- Canned meat
- Canned fruit/vegetables
- Canned tomatoes
- Hygiene (deodorant, feminine products)