Assessment of the Senior Project
The senior project is a college-wide requirement and a critical pillar of student learning at Purchase College. Because it reflects the cumulative knowledge and skills students obtain during their course of study, it provides an ideal focus for assessment of student learning across the curriculum.
Students work in consultation with a faculty member to develop a meaningful and significant project that serves as a springboard for ongoing intellectual and creative development. Senior project assessments are normally submitted during the second half of a student’s senior year.
Additional Resources: (log in to Collaborate with Purchase credentials)
- Senior Project Worksheet Template
- Annual Guide for Senior Project Assessment
- Annual Department Chair Senior Project Assessment Form
- Annual Senior Project Assessment Summary Report for School/Conservatory Directors
- Senior Project Handbook/Syllabus Key Elements (quick reference)
For More Information Contact:
Associate Provost, Gregory Taylor
JeanMarie Garofolo De Sa
Coordinator of Curriculum and Assessment