There’s so much going on here at Purchase College—to see and do it all, you need to feel your very best!
Please visit our COVID-19 Updates and Plans for the latest information on COVID-19.
SHS is not testing for COVID-19 at this time but plan on doing testing in the Fall. For information on testing, please call the NYS DOH hotline at (888) 364-3065 or visit NYC & NYS Testing Information.
Everyone knows that being sick away from home can be worrisome and difficult. We’re here to help you feel better and prevent future maladies. Our team of physicians, nurse practitioners, and nurses provide primary care: diagnosis, treatment, and education for matriculated students.
At a Glance
- Pharmacy Instructions and Information
- Learn more about After Hours Medical Care and see below for the Nurse Advice Line
- Currently only CityMD is accepting patients with symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath. There is no testing for COVID-19 at the other urgent care centers. Please call the NYS Department of Health COVID-19 hotline for current information about COVID-19 at (888) 364-3065.
- Urgent Care Dental 1088 Central Park Ave. Scarsdale: (914) 861-4777
- When Health Services is closed, if emergency care is needed, call x6911 for immediate assistance.
If it is after hours and you are sick and unsure whether to contact emergency services you can call Fonemed (the Nurse Advice Line for Purchase College) toll free at (844) 938-1024.
Medical care is offered only during the fall and spring academic semesters.
Medical visits are by appointment only. Please call (914) 251-7925 to schedule an appointment.
Physical Therapy is available on campus through Ultimate Physical Therapy, PLLC.
The service days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:30am—7:30pm in the Dance Building, Studio M. Please call Ultimate Physical Therapy, PLLC for an appointment at (914) 328-3750.
Official Sick Note Policy
At the discretion of the health care provider, sick notes for students may be given for prolonged illness or injury, requiring the curtailing of certain actvities.
SHS does not provide sick notes for
- primary care of acute and chronic conditions
- primary care maintenance visits
- annual exams and medical tests
- administrative issues