Counseling and Behavioral Health internships provide a student with over 30 credits the opportunity for an on campus internship in Health Promotion.
The interns help promote campus health and well-being by participating and leading ongoing health promotion programming. The intern will also be responsible for creating, facilitating and marketing a campus program of their own that will support one of the eight areas of Wellness.
- Interns will attend a mandatory class on Wednesdays, during which the interns will be trained in topics such as: self-care, stress management, mindfulness, interpersonal and active listening, peer coaching skills, and bystander intervention
- Interns will become familiar with, and model a commitment to the promotion of healthy lifestyles
- Interns will teach, mentor, and assist peers in enhancing their well-being
- Interns will assist with preparation and implementation of health promotion programming and campaigns
- Interns are charged with designing, developing, marketing and implementing a health promotion event
- Intern will submit a final research paper on the implementation of the project and the learning outcomes
- Aside from the mandatory class, the Interns will spend the additional committed hours hosting events at the Harbor Center, promoting programs on campus, and creating marketing materials.
Students interested in applying for the undergraduate internship should email email@example.com for more information.