Sanctuary Class Schedule
The Harbor Center will hold Stress Reduction classes and groups including Meditation, Yoga, Pilates, and MELT. Classes are free and all are welcome. Masks are required. Classes and groups will begin 9/6.
Classes are in the Harbor Center, Fort Awesome Room 135. Groups meet in the Fort Awesome Lighthouse Lounge, Room 138.
Fall 2022 Sanctuary Class Schedule
The benefits of yoga and meditation are numerous and include stress reduction, increased Mindfulness, and being more at peace with your body, mind, self and purpose. We offer free classes and groups to all students on a drop-in basis at the Harbor Center. Our groups help students get connected, build community, and relax.
- Pilates: Pilates is a mind-body exercise evolved from the principles of Joe Pilates, that builds core strength and stability
- MELT: Designed to reconnect the whole-body communication, rebalance the nervous system, rehydrate the connective tissue, and release compression in joints using specialized techniques including soft body rollers and balls.
- Meditation Instruction: Dr. Nancy Reuben, Medical Director at Purchase, leads a weekly meditation instruction group and practice for all levels
- Slow Flow Yoga: Combines and synchronizes basic poses and sun salutations with breath awareness ending in full body relaxation.
Introduction to Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga:
You’ll move through sun salutations and complete a series of standing poses, including balance poses while synchronizing breath with movements.
- Knit, Crochet, Relax: Sit back, breathe, sip tea and hot chocolate, and listen to music as you unwind and create in a meditative space. Bring your own tea cup and supplies if you have them.
- Robbie: Counselor and Certified Yoga Teacher
- Jane, Val: Volunteers & Certified Yoga Teachers
- Barb, Carolyn: College Staff & Certified Yoga teachers
- Nancy: Director of Health Services, Meditation Instructor and Energy Practitioner
- Paul: Volunteer & Certified Pilates Instructor
- Joy: MELT Instructor (Intramurals)
- Shanaz: Counselor
- Denika: Counselor