Sanctuary Class Schedule
The Harbor Center will hold Stress Reduction classes and groups including Meditation, Yoga, and MELT. Classes are free and all are welcome. Masks are required. Classes will begin January 23rd, 2023.
Classes are in the Harbor Center, Fort Awesome Room 135. Groups meet in the Fort Awesome Lighthouse Lounge, Room 138.
Spring 2023 Sanctuary Class Schedule
The benefits of yoga and meditation are numerous and include stress reduction, increased Mindfulness, and being more at peace with your body, mind, self and purpose. We offer free classes and groups to all students on a drop-in basis at the Harbor Center. Our groups help students get connected, build community, and relax.
- MELT: Designed to reconnect the whole-body communication, rebalance the nervous system, rehydrate the connective tissue, and release compression in joints using specialized techniques including soft body rollers and balls.
- Meditation Instruction: Dr. Nancy Reuben, Medical Director at Purchase, leads a weekly meditation instruction group and practice for all levels.
- Flow Yoga: Moving through sun salutations, a complete series of standing poses and balance poses while synchronizing breath with movements.
- Gentle Flow Yoga: Combines and synchronizes basic poses and sun salutations with breath awareness ending in full body relaxation.
- Vinyasa Yoga: Connection movement and breath, this medium paced Vinyasa class takes you through a guided flow of traditional yoga poses that will open, release, strengthen and detoxify your body from the inside out and calm your nervous system.
- Vinyasa Flow: Build physical and mental strength as you flow through a series of poses, linking movement to breath. While this is an invigorating practice, it will also help to calm the nervous system and reduce stress.
- Yin Yoga: Slow paced style of yoga in which asanas (postures) are held for a slightly longer period of time to promote calm and stress reduction.
- Mindful Movement and Meditation: A combination of slow, restorative flow and mindfulness meditation. Participants will be able to explore the connection between breath and movement in effort to reduce anxiety.
- Knit, Crochet, Relax: Dr. Shanaz Moudud hosts. Sit back, breathe, sip tea and hot chocolate, and listen to music as you unwind and create in a meditative space. Bring your own teacup and supplies if you have them.
- Hatha Yoga: Combination of yoga poses and mindfulness practices.
LGBTQIA+ Creative Expressions Space: This is a space for LGBTQIA+ students and allies to connect and socialize,
while engaging in relaxing activities such as coloring pages, painting, poetry, and other creative pursuits.
- Robbie: CBHS Substance Use Counselor & Certified Yoga Teacher
- Carolyn: College Staff & Certified Yoga teacher
- Nancy: Director of Health Services, Meditation Instructor and Energy Practitioner
- Joy: MELT Instructor (Intramurals)
- Shanaz: CBHS Counselor
- Nuu: CBHS Counselor-in-Training
- Shaka: Purchase Faculty Member
- Michelle, Patricia, Katherin, Deb, Pooja, Jane: Certified Yoga Instructors