Substance Use and Tobacco Cessation
Alcohol and Other Drug Resources
- AA Meeting Finder - When you put your zip code in this link, it only lists the meetings that are happening at the time you enter your zip code. Download this free app, Meeting Guide, for local meeting information to help you plan ahead.
- About.com: Alcoholism - Alcoholism 101
- About drinking - a short and informative interactive guide to standard drink size, alcohol content, drinking levels and when to avoid alcohol.
- Go Ask Alice! - Alcohol and other drugs Q & A (also emotional health; fitness & nutrition; general health; relationships; and sexual & reproductive health)
- Adult Children of Alcoholics World Service Organization- for adult children of Alcoholics
- Binge Drinking Guide - Helps to learn what is binge drinking and why it can be dangerous.
- College Alcoholism Guide - A quick read to help you understand some of the consequences of drinking
- Drugwatch - Learn about side effects of your medications.
- Marijuana Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous - Narcotics Anonymous, NY locations
- Opioid Addiction - Here is a guide designed to draw attention to the signs and symptoms of opioid abuse.
- Talk2Prevent - How parents can talk to their college aged children about substance use
- Drug Treatment Center Finder - Help you find the right drug treatment provider in any state or city.
- ForDrugHelp - A great guide for someone looking at treatment or recovery options in the Hudson Valley, New York.
- Daytop Samaritan Village Behavioral Health Services
- Open Door Port Chester Behavioral Health Services
- Phelps Hospital Behavioral Health
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Addiction Treatment Services
- St. Vincent’s Harrison Outpatient Behavioral Health Treatment
- St. Vincent’s White Plains Hospital Outpatient Behavioral Health Treatment
- Silver Hill Hospital, New Canaan, CT
American Cancer Society (QUIT FOR LIFE PROGRAM 1-800-227-2345) - Information on research, treatment, support groups and on-line chat group and smoking cessation. Also offers personalized treatment and decision feature.
American Lung Association - Provides information on latest research on environmental and health topics as well as educational programs, and news on related fronts.
Dangers of Vaping - This useful article outlines some of the dangers and health risks of Vaping and Using E-cigs.
Expert Views: E-cigarettes - E-Cigarettes seem to be everywhere these days but are they safe? Get the facts.
Freedom From Smoking® (FFS) program is for adults who are ready to quit smoking. Because most people know that smoking is dangerous to their health, the program focuses almost exclusively on how to quit, not why to quit.
Guides: Guide to Quitting Smoking, Guide to Quitting Smokeless Tobacco, Quitting Smoking - Help for Cravings and Tough Situations, Helping a Smoker Quit: Do’s and Don’ts.
NY State Smokers Quitline (1-866-NY-QUITS) - Information on quitting smoking. Free starter kit including patches and gum or lozenges for eligible NYS smokers. Live telephone coaching with trained quitline specialists offering help with quit plans, online community, videos facts and tips for becoming tobacco free and staying free.
Quit Net - An on-line self-help forum for smokers with tips on how to quit smoking.
Quitter in You - Tools to quit smoking.
Smokefree - Step by step guide to quitting. Live help, mobile app that gives insight into what to expect when you quit, and how to deal with problems that may come up in your journey to be smoke free.Jen Reviews - an easy to read and well written word guide on how to quit smoking that covers EVERYTHING someone trying to quit needs to know.
Stop.Tabac - A five-part on-line smoking cessation program designed to help you kick the habit. This site was conceived and prepared by the Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine of the University of Geneva.
POW’R Against Tobacco - A four county coalition that was founded in 1992 to reduce the risk of tobacco-related diseases by lowering the prevalence of tobacco use in Putnam, Orange, Westchester and Rockland Counties.
The Foundation for a Smokefree America - A non-profit organization whose mission is to educate people of all ages about smoking and tobacco use. This site offers tips on how to quit smoking along with educational materials and research on tobacco use.
Tobacco Resources Online - A library of resources and links including online fact sheets about tobacco use
Tobacco Cessation Treatment Facilities
WestMed - Join Westmed Medical Group in New Rochelle and the American Lung Association for an eight-week quit smoking program.
The Cost of Smoking: Benefits of Quitting & Strategies to Become Smoke-Free