The Life after Purchase: First Destination Survey is launched approximately 8–12 months following graduation to determine postgraduate employment, graduate and professional school enrollment, usage of services, and overall career outcome.
Life After Purchase 2018
Careers and Education
A majority (92%) of the 2018 graduates are either employed or enrolled in graduate or professional school* with 88% working only and 4% in graduate school only.
Outcome by School
- 87.5% Arts
- 84.5% Liberal Arts and Sciences
- 92.4% Liberal Studies & Continuing Education
- 13% enrolled in graduate or professional school
- 84% are employed full or part-time including self-employment, performance, or artistic freelancing
- 78.7% participated in experiential learning / 68% participated in at least one internship
- 71% are working in a field directly or somewhat related to their academic study
- 52% found jobs before graduation.
- 93.4% rate the quality of the Career Center as excellent, very helpful, or somewhat helpful
- 68.5% reported that their academic program prepared them for their careers and 76.5% of them also used the Career Development Center
Fields where graduates found employment
|Human / Social Services||5.2%|
|Media Arts & Communication||13.6%|
|Science, Technology, and the Environment||5.4%|
Graduate fields of study
|Science & Tech||7.5%|
|Psychology and Counseling||6%|
|Communications & Media||
*64% knowledge rate from career outcome data gathered from phone surveys, email, web survey and LinkedIn.
For more information about the 2018 graduates, please contact the Career Development Center.