The Life after Purchase: First Destination Survey is launched approximately 8–12 months following graduation to determine postgraduate employment, graduate and professional school enrollment, usage of services, and overall career outcome.
Life After Purchase 2019
Careers and Education
A 88% majority of the 2019 graduates were found to be employed or enrolled in graduate or professional school at the time of the annual survey with 84% working only and 11.3% enrolled in graduate school. (It is important to note that the survey data collection was close to completion by Mid-March 2020, the time period when the COVID-19 Pandemic began.) In this unprecedented and uncertain job market, our findings will show that Purchase College graduate employment and graduate school enrollment outcome still remained highly positive with only a slight decrease in employment or graduate school enrollment, at the time of the survey.
Outcome by School
- 87% Arts
- 80% Liberal Arts and Sciences
- 86% Liberal Studies & Continuing Education
- 11% enrolled in graduate or professional school
- 84% are employed full or part-time including self-employment, performance, or artistic freelancing
- 81% participated in experiential learning / 62% participated in at least one internship
- 71% are working in a field directly or somewhat related to their academic study
- 68% found jobs before graduation.
- 92% rate the quality of the Career Center as excellent, very helpful, or somewhat helpful
- 70% reported that their academic program prepared them for their careers and 90% of them also used the Career Development Center
Fields where graduates found employment
|Arts and Entertainment||29%|
|Healthcare and Health Services||7.4%|
|Human and Social Services||9.5%|
|Public Services and Law||4.4%|
|Media Arts & Communication||6%|
|Science, Technology, and Environment||4.4%|
Graduate fields of study
|Communications & Media||