June 08, 2020: Face Coverings
As New York State moves forward with gradual reopening, it is essential that we maintain our guard and continue to take everyday precautions to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
Face coverings have become important tools in stopping the spread of the coronavirus by helping protect those around you.
- Face coverings shall be worn anytime you are within 6 feet of another person.
- Face coverings shall cover both the nose and mouth.
- Ensure that you have a suitable covering with you at all times.
- In the event you meet someone and need to talk, having a face covering available will help ensure you can don it when needed.
- Wash your hands before and after touching your mask.
- Always make sure the metallic strip is at the top is positioned against the bridge of your nose and follows the shape of your nose by pinching and pressing it down with your fingertips.
- Don’t touch the face covering once in position.
- Avoid using soiled, damaged or damp face coverings.
Wearing face coverings lowers the risk of spread to others. Wear a mask!