Alumni: Navigating Your Career
At the Purchase College Career Development Center, we take pride in providing quality career development assistance for current students and recent graduates.
- Recent graduates (degree completed in last 3 years), have access that includes many of the same valuable services and career support you had access to as a students.
- Graduates from Purchase (degree completed 3 or more years ago), can also access a variety of career resources , events and services including free access to Purchase JobScore for jobs and other opportunities.
View workshops/event recordings:
- Connecting on LinkedIn March 2023
- Build Your Network utilizing LinkedIn and the Mentor Network
- Effectively Market Yourself for Career Success
- The Writer’s Journey (5/22)
- The Writer’s Journey (in-person 12/21)
- So You Want to go to Graduate School Workshop
- Stories from the Trenches: A Conversation with Creative Alumni Entrepreneurs
- Personal Statement Workshop
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Opportunities and Hiring Trends in Healthcare
- View more workshops/events!
The Career Center site has current and informative content to assist you with your career and professional development. Here are some strategies and resources that you may find helpful during these highly challenging times:
Update your Resume
Create customized versions of your resume, modified for different career paths and pursuits. Be open to opportunities outside of your current career objectives. Add keywords from your research for various job postings.
Create or Improve your LinkedIn profile
Optimize your LinkedIn profile for network building, employer engagement, and job search. Check the Career Development events page for special events to strengthen your network outside of social media. View our Connecting on LinkedIn webinar presented by Chaim Shapiro, a national speaker and trainer on LinkedIn.
Learn New Skills, Increase Marketability
Identify any gaps in your skill set and complete an online course to improve your skills. Micro credentialing through virtual projects and experience can also add to your profile and marketability. (i.e. LinkedIn Learning, TedTalks, Udemy, Coursera, edX, Harvard Free Courses, Open Yale Courses, etc.)
Network and Connect with Former Classmates and Colleagues
Use LinkedIn, Buzzfile, and the Purchase Alumni Mentor Network to engage with individuals and affinity groups. Engage by commenting on threads and share relevant articles with your LinkedIn network. Join Purchase College Mentor Network for access to recent and more experienced alumni.
Refresh Your Interview Skills
Get interview tips on our CandidCareer In-person Interviewing and Virtual Interviewing channels. Take advantage of LinkedIn’s Interview Prep resource (included with free membership) where you can practice interview questions and get feedback.
Utilize Purchase JobScore
Research Employers and Organizations
Stay current and informed on organizations and opportunities as they emerge. Find and explore employers by name, location, and industry:
Buzzfile - Explore employers by major
Vault - Employer information by industry and jobs
Financial Job Network - Financial industry information and jobs
US Department of Commerce - Bureau of Economic Analysis
Glassdoor - Research employee reviews, salaries, and interview questions.
CandidCareer - Thousands of interviews with professionals in a wide variety of careers
Additional Career Resources
New York Hire Now - From the New York Department of Labor
Nonprofit Westchester - Job openings of NPW member organizations
CareerOneStop - Career coaching and career and job search resources
NYS Dept of Labor Jobs & Careers - Resources for career exploration and the job search
NYS Career Center Events & Recruitments - Classes, workshops, job fairs, and more
Westchester-Putnam Career Center Network - Employment and Career Resource Center
Department of Labor - Free training program support while collecting unemployment
Dept of Labor Self-Employment - Self-employment Assistance Program
Westchester Score - FREE resources for small businesses
AfterCollege - Entry level jobs
College Recruiter - Entry level jobs
More Job Opportunities & Resources
For further information on services for alumni, email email@example.com.