SUNY OER Text for Intro to LBGTQ Studies
From SUNY OER Services:
We are seeking faculty teaching or doing research in the areas of gender and sexuality studies to serve as contributors, reviewers, and consulting editors for the project.
- Contributors: Commitment for authoring a 4000-6000 word chapter within a provided structure (Feb-March 2019). See our author’s guide for details: https://projects.rebus.community/project/6T65jgqpSW3DQ8KB4CarPs/lgbtq-studies-a-primer
- Reviewers: Commitment for providing comments on a chapter or the full manuscript around the time of April 2019
- Consulting Editors: Commitment to identifying potential contributors (January 2019) and editing contributions in a particular subject area (May-June 2019).
A full project summary, author guide, and more details can be found at our project page: https://projects.rebus.community/resource/hWr6A9o9GoPa7whgJ5Tqfz/call-for-participation
The text will cover these areas, or you are welcome to propose additional topics:
- Introducing LGBTQ Studies - Author Identified
- LGBTQ History
- Queer Theory
- Understanding Prejudices against LGBTQ people - Author Identified
- LGBTQ Issues in the Workplace - Author Identified
- Health and Medicine
- LGBTQ Families & Parenting - Author Identified
- Film and Media: representing LGBTQ lives
- Literature and Art
- Queer Globalizations: LGBTQ Anthropology past, present and future
If you are interested in taking part, please fill out the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/LSJA7AM5DiP2wDqr2
Questions can also be directed to: Deborah Amory (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Allison Brown, (email@example.com).
Digital Publishing Services Manager
Milne Library 209