Proven Strategies for Academic, Personal, and Professional Success
Utilize Academic and Student Support Services
Successful students capitalize on the full range campus resources available to them.
And don’t be afraid to ask for help.
Visit our Student Success page for a comprehensive list of support services.
Get Involved and Interact Socially
This is good advice for both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Join clubs and student organizations to meet peers.
- Connect with faculty after class or during office hours
- Develop a relationship with your academic advisor that is more than just get a code to register.
- Collaborate with peers to form study and learning teams.
Take time to reflect on your interests, values, and learning styles.
- Self-monitor your learning.
- Seek feedback from faculty and peers on the quality of your work or performance.
- Take time to think ahead, set long-term goals, and make strategic plans for your major, career, and life.