Tips for Students to Thrive, Not Just Survive
Students who attend class, eat right, and get involved are much more successful than those who don’t…
We’ve compiled some simple and proven strategies that lead to success in college. Consider working a few into your next conversation…or series of text messages.
- And it may sound obvious, but they should be sure to purchase text books.
Stay on Top of Coursework and Ask for Help
- The Learning Center helps students with time management skills and tutoring support. Students can make appointments online.
- Students should make a habit of meeting faculty members during posted office hours.
Know About and Tap Into Campus Resources
- Students with disabilities must register with the Office of Disability Resources.
- The Counseling Center offers emergency and short term individual and group counseling, referrals for long term care, and more. See their scope of practice to learn more.
- The Wellness Center helps students with strategies to reduce stress, live mindfully, and prevent addiction, among many other services. And FYI: Like all SUNY campuses, Purchase is tobacco free.
Put Yourself Out There
- From Cheese to Improv to Economics, we offer a wide range of clubs and organizations to suit most tastes.
- Attend events. Find everything offered campus wide on the event calendar.
Eat Right & Exercise
- Good nutrition is an important foundation to success. Learn more about meal plans offered on campus.
- Students can swim in the pool, play basketball in three full size courts, work out in the Fitness Center or take classes in the Physical Education building.
- Did you know the Loop Road is 3.1 miles? Students only need a good pair of sneakers to walk or run almost 5K without leaving campus.
Obey the Rules
Again, sounds simple, but a safe and healthy campus community is everyone’s responsibility. Familiarize yourself with our Student Code of Conduct.