Get Ready for Orientation 2018
This is Valerie Farrugia, part of the incoming class of 2022. As she announced on her high school graduation mortar board—she’s coming to Purchase this fall to do what she loves as a painting and drawing major. (She’s on Instagram @artbyvalfar.)
On July 17, 18, and 19, all incoming first-year students will be on campus to learn about all things Purchase—and to begin building the community in which they’ll continue to grow intellectually, socially, and emotionally for the next four years.
The Orientation pages of our website hold all the information incoming students and their families will need to know.
There’s information specifically for first-year, international, and transfer students, as well as a complete list of the Student Orientation Coordinators and Student Orientation Leaders—or SOLs—that will lead the fun.
The incoming first-year class is the largest and most diverse in Purchase College history:
- They come from 31 states (plus PR and DC) and represent 10 countries
- 50% identify as an ethnicity other than white while 26% are Hispanic
- They have an average GPA of 88 (and ACT of 25 and SAT of 1163 for those who chose to submit scores)
Among the entering class, you’ll find a/an:
- Black belt in tae-kwon-do
- Class president
- Hudson Valley Regional Mandarin Chinese Book Writing Contest winner
- Volleyball team captain
- All county/all conference soccer player
- Eagle scout
- Owner/operator of a talent booking agency
- Honor society president
Anyone with questions or concerns should be sure to contact the Orientation staff by email, phone, or even in person: