For the Media
Thanks for your interest in Purchase College. We love putting members of the media in touch with our passionate faculty members, students, and alumni.
Media Relations staff can help with the following, and more.
- Locate and access interview sources, such as faculty experts.
- Collect background information or official comments.
- Serve as the liaison between members of the media and college administration and New York State University Police in the case of a crisis.
- Fact check articles.
- Provide images and footage of campus.
- Help arrange filming and on-campus interviews.
Purchase welcomes news media to campus.
In general, news filming and photography is allowed in all outdoor/public areas. Media must arrange permission with the communications office before filming in class rooms, labs, administrative buildings, or any other interior spaces. Residence halls are closed to the media.
All commercial photography and video taping must be approved in advance by the Conference Planning Office.