Update to Quarantine and Isolation Policy
As per the Isolation policy:
Those with symptoms waiting for test results must:
- Isolate until test result is received.
Those with no symptoms but a positive test must:
- Isolate for 5 days, counting day 0 as the day the test was collected. Isolation ends after day 5.
- Isolate for 10 days if unable to wear a well-fitting surgical, N95, or KN95 mask ondays 6-10.
Those with symptoms and a positive test must:
- Isolate a minimum of 5 days, day 0 is the day symptoms start. Isolation ends after day 5.
- Isolate until fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication and until other symptoms have improved.
- Isolate for 10 days if unable to wear a well-fitting surgical, N95, or KN95 mask on days 6-10.
- Immunocompromised individuals should speak to their physician for additional recommendations.
As per the quarantine policy for those with known exposure to COVID-19:
- Regardless of vaccination status, individuals should get tested at least five days after exposure if possible.
- Regardless of vaccination status, you do not have to quarantine after being designated a close contact of a positive case.
- Wear a high quality mask for 10 days and get tested on day 5.
- If symptoms develop, test as soon as possible. If positive, isolate for 5 days from symptom onset or (if no symptoms) from the date that the test was collected.
- Those who have had COVID-19 within the past 90 days do not need to test unless symptoms develop.
For further guidance and to report a positive case or contact:
- Students who test positive should be in touch with Health Services for guidance in terms of their symptoms and the appropriate quarantine or isolation time.
- Employees should report any positive cases to Human Resources as soon as possible and be in touch with their personal physicians should they have questions about their symptoms.