What If I Have Symptoms?
If you think you may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or you learn you were exposed to someone diagnosed as positive, you must let us know.
Testing and Evaluation Protocols for COVID-19
All state agencies and authorities must abide by the following protocols for employees who report symptoms of illness associated with the COVID-19 virus.
Any symptomatic employee should not report to work.
All New York State employees must monitor themselves for possible symptoms, such as:
- shortness of breath, or
- respiratory infection/distress.
Any employee experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 shall immediately report symptoms to their supervisor and to Human Resources (Kathleen Farrell and Ricardo Espinales).
The supervisor and Human Resources (HR) will immediately direct the employee to leave work, if they are currently at work, or stay home, if they are not at work, and self-quarantine as a precaution.
The supervisor shall request and record the latest contact information for the employee, including home or mobile telephone numbers, so that HR can reach them for follow up information.
If the employee is experiencing severe symptoms and requires urgent medical attention, the supervisor should call 911 and notify the dispatcher that the distressed employee may have COVID-19 symptoms, so that emergency medical service responders may use appropriate precautions.
Facilities will be notified so that the area(s) the individual worked in can be cleaned and disinfected.
HR will get in touch with the employee via the information provided to the supervisor in order to:
- inquire about current symptoms,
- verify that they have precautionarily quarantined, and
- direct the employee to call a health care provider and seek testing. The employee should first contact their primary health care practitioner to see if they are available and able to collect a sample for testing. If not, the employee should contact the New York State COVID- 19 hotline at 1-888-364-3065 to be referred to a regional testing site that can collect and submit a sample for testing. The employee must notify HR of the test results as soon as they are received. Test results will be verified by the New York State Department of Health (DOH),
- inquire about their potential contact and interactions with other employees and students at the college.
Based on the information received the college will proceed in accordance with the additional guidance from the Governor’s office.
Effective March 16, 2020 at 12:00 pm.
If you are sick with symptoms of fever, cough, and breathing difficulties, you should call Health Services at (914) 251-7925 for advice and a possible appointment.
If you suspect you have been exposed to someone who has symptoms or you were exposed to someone who has been confirmed to have the coronavirus, please call Health Services at (914) 251-7925.