Main content

Academic Dismissal

A student who is dismissed may not take any coursework at Purchase College for one year following his or her dismissal. This provision does not apply to students who have applied and have been accepted as internal transfers to a degree program different from the program in which the dismissal action took place.

In certain cases, an undergraduate student may petition their associate or assistant dean to take a limited number of courses offered by the School of Liberal Studies & Continuing Education after one semester of dismissal status. Students who had not yet declared a major at the time of their dismissal may petition the associate dean of liberal arts and sciences. Students dismissed from a degree program may petition the associate or assistant dean of their school (i.e., the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences or the School of the Arts).

Readmission after Academic Dismissal

Please refer to Readmission.