Senior Projects, Capstone Papers, & Master’s Theses
Welcome to the Student Projects Help Page! This page and the accompanying guide will walk both students and faculty through the student project process. Student Projects include senior projects, capstone papers, and master’s theses and are a requirement of graduation.
If you have questions or need assistance, please Ask Us!
Students, please read this first:
Student Projects spaces in Moodle are automatically created in your junior year or first semester of your master’s program.
To begin working with your Student Project space, login to Moodle and look for the “Student Projects” category within the Categorized Courses List block, and click on your name. Please turn off your browser’s pop-up blocker when working with your Student Project space.
- If you do not see the Student Projects category in your Categorized Course List block, you must email TLTC@purchase.edu to let us know.
If you need a second Student Projects space, you must email TLTC@purchase.edu to request that a second Moodle account and second Student Project space be created for you. Please include an alternative email address (non @purchase.edu; must be gmail.com, yahoo.com, etc.) in your request.
If you have already submitted an undergraduate Student Project (either Senior Project or Capstone Paper) and are now submitting a Master’s Thesis, you must contact TLTC@purchase.edu to request that we create a second Moodle account and second Student Project space so that you can submit your Master’s Thesis. You cannot submit your Master’s Thesis to the same space that your Senior Project or Capstone Paper was submitted. Please do not remove information from your undergrad Student Project space.
If your approved Second Reader is not affiliated with Purchase College, your First Reader must email TLTC@purchase.edu to request that a manual Moodle account be created for them. Be sure to include the full name and email address of the Second Reader in the email.
Your Student Project must be submitted as a PDF. Please see the Format tab for more information.
The Registrar sets due dates for submitting senior projects, capstone papers, and master’s theses. Please consult the Academic Calendar for due dates. If you need to submit your project after the deadline, you must speak with your Reader(s) and/or the Registrar.
All Student Project submissions to the Library must be done via Moodle. The Library does not require and will not accept paper copies of Student Projects.
If your Student Project contains an Audio or Video component, please see the Audio/Video tab.
Reader Requirements by Project Type:
- For Senior Projects and Master’s Theses, both a First and Second Reader is required
- For Capstone Papers, your First Reader is your Capstone instructor; only one required
For options on how to search for and access past Student Projects, please see the Find tab.
Please note that we cannot scan Student Projects that are housed in the Library while the building is closed due to COVID-19. (updated April 1, 2020)
- You can now manage your Student Project advisees when you login to your Reader Dashboard. The Reader Dashboard is for faculty/staff readers only.
- Please approve / sign off on Student Projects in a timely manner. The Registrar sets the due date for Student Projects. Please see the Academic Calendar for details.
- For more about the Senior Project, please see the BA and BS policy. For more about the Capstone Paper, please see the About the Senior Capstone page.