Referring Distressed Students

Faculty and staff members may call or email for a professional consultation on how to address a problem, prior to speaking with a student. You may refer students directly to the Counseling Center for an appointment, contact us via phone or email to reach out to the student on your behalf, or call us while the student is with you in your office so that a counselor may speak with the student about our services.  

All contacts and communications with the Counseling Center will maintain privacy for yourself and the student.

You may also use the Starfish to create a brief report  of concerns and request an outreach on your behalf. This is not a confidential report. The Starfish is an electronic form that will document  a student for outreach who may be struggling with emotional issues,  behavioral problems, or  significant personal challenges that are interfering with their academic functioning. Please discuss the use of Starfish with your supervisor.