Counseling & Behavioral Health Groups Forming for Spring 2022
Days and times based on enrollment. Call (914) 251-6390 for info on how to share your availability! Office Hours: M-F, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Groups will be online via Telecounseling unless otherwise noted. Some groups first require a meeting with the group leader. Please contact those leaders individually.
- Bipolar Support Group, weekly support for those diagnosed and currently in treatment - with Shanaz · Call for appointment first to discuss with Shanaz.
- The Empowerment Story Seekers, a group for students who have survived sexual abuse or assault. A safe space for healing and growth. There will be 2 times: Mondays at 2 p.m. or Fridays at 2 p.m. Call for appointment to discuss or email Catherine.email@example.com
- Grief Support, meet weekly to share experiences and perspectives. Please contact Cathie.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Growing Gains, for those struggling to heal from childhood wounds. For students who are interested in helping themselves and others find a different way to lead an adult life - and help each other in this endeavor - contact Catherine.email@example.com.
- KORU Mindfulness Course. Four 75 minute sessions to learn the KORU Mindfulness technique, especially developed for busy college students. Contact Roberta.Morell@purchase.edu
- Knit, Crochet, Relax - Fridays, 4-5 p.m. at the Lighthouse Lounge, with Shanaz. Starts 2/11/22! Bring what supplies you’ve got, some yarn is available to share.
- Life Skills for Well-Being and Success. Build a foundation of social and emotional skills, increase effectiveness with communication, resilience, personal goals, emotional intelligence, career skills, financial literacy and more. With Robbie, Wednesdays 1:30-2:30 p.m., Harbor Center. Starts 2/9/22.
- Mending Thoughts: Self-Care Conversations. With Marie, Wednesdays 12:30 - 1:30 p.m, Lighthouse Lounge in Fort Awesome.
- Recover Yourself, start a journey to healing by exploring different Pathways to Recovery in a non-judgmental, supportive group - contact Roberta.Morell@purchase.edu
- Process Groups: fast track the application of therapy skills to expand your understanding of self and your interactions with others, in the moment - with staff
Please note that some groups require a brief information meeting with the group leader first. Some groups will set meeting times based on student availability and others are fixed. Please contact the Counseling Center at (914) 251-6390 to express interest or for more information.