Counseling & Behavioral Health Supportive Groups Forming for Fall 2022
Days and times based on enrollment. Call (914) 251-6390 for info on how to share your availability! Office Hours: M-F, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Some groups require a meeting with the group leader. Please email those leaders or call to meet and discuss.
- Anxiety & Self-Compassion, with staff. Use new thinking skills and Mindful practice to reduce negative self-talk. Call to discuss with staff leader.
- Bipolar Support Group, weekly support for those diagnosed and currently in treatment - with Shanaz · Call for appointment first to discuss with Shanaz.
- The Empowerment Story Seekers, a group for students who have survived sexual abuse or assault. A safe space for healing and growth. Call for appointment to discuss or email Catherine.email@example.com
- Knit, Crochet, Relax - Fridays, 4-5 p.m. at the Lighthouse Lounge, with Shanaz. Starts 9/9/22! Bring what supplies you’ve got, some yarn is available to share.
- Our Black Voices - drop-in support- with Denika, Wednesdays 12:30 - 1:30 p.m, Lighthouse Lounge in Fort Awesome, Room 138. Starts 9/14/22.
- Process Groups: with similar folks, use therapy skills to expand your understanding of self and your interactions with others, in the moment - with Shanaz. Call for appointment to meet leader and discuss.
- KORU Mindfulness Workshops. Four 75 minute sessions to learn the KORU Mindfulness technique, especially developed for busy college students. Contact Roberta.Morell@purchase.edu
- SoberCurious - start a journey to healing by exploring different Pathways to Recovery in a non-judgmental, supportive group - with Robbie, contact her at Roberta.Morell@purchase.edu
Please note that some groups require a brief information meeting with the group leader first. Some groups will set meeting times based on student availability and others are fixed. Please contact the Counseling Center at (914) 251-6390 to express interest or for more information.