Counseling & Behavioral Health Groups Forming this Fall 2021
Days and times based on enrollment. Call (914) 251-6390 for info on how to share your availability! Office Hours: M-F, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Groups will be online via Telecounseling unless otherwise noted. Some groups first require a meeting with the group leader. Please contact those leaders individually.
- Bipolar Support Group, weekly support for those diagnosed and currently in treatment - with Shanaz · Call for appointment first to discuss with Shanaz.
The Empowerment Story Seekers, a caring community for students who have survived sexual abuse or assault -
with Catherine · call for appointment to discuss or email Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grief Support, meet weekly to share experiences and perspectives. Please contact Cathie.email@example.com for more information.
- Growing Gains, for those struggling to heal from childhood wounds. For students who are interested in helping themselves and others find a different way to lead an adult life - and help each other in this endeavor - contact Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Knit, Crochet, Relax - Fridays, 4-5 p.m. at the Lighthouse Lounge, with Shanaz. Starts 9/17/21! Bring what supplies you’ve got, some yarn is available to share.
- Nourish: Balanced Eating Support, with Robbie. Come to examine if there is a need to modify your relationship with food, thoughts about food, or body acceptance. Learn about weight neutrality and HAES. Contact Roberta.Morell@purchase.edu to discuss the group.
- Recover Yourself, start a journey to healing by exploring different Pathways to Recovery in a non-judgmental, supportive group - contact Roberta.Morell@purchase.edu
- Sober Curious? with Robbie. Questions about your relationship with substances? For those with thoughts about modifying their use and/or reducing negative outcomes due to use. contact Roberta.Morell@purchase.edu.
- Process Groups: fast track the application of therapy skills to expand your understanding of self and your interactions with others, in the moment - with staff
Please note that some groups require a brief information meeting with the group leader first. Some groups will set meeting times based on student availability and others are fixed. Please contact the Counseling Center at (914) 251-6390 to express interest or for more information.