TAO, Therapy Assistance Online, at Purchase College
What is Tao Self-Help?
- Tao Self-Help is an anonymous interactive, web-based program that provides Pathways for students to help overcome anxiety, depression, relationships/communication, and other common concerns.
- Tao is based on well researched and highly effective strategies.
- By choosing to use Tao you will be able to view short, helpful videos, take part in brief exercises, use logs to track moods and progress, and have access to a Mindfulness Library.
How to Sign Up:
- On the Tao sign-in page click on the left blue button that says, “Sign-up for self-help.”
- Enter your Purchase College e-mail address on the enrollment form. You will be sent a confirmation link which you must click on before signing in.
- Create your personal Tao password.
- Leave the ‘EnrollmentKey’ field blank.
- Fill out the demographics and Informed Consent form.
- Click ‘Sign Me Up!’
Once you have signed up and logged in you can either follow a Pathway on the TAO website of use the interactive My Pathways: Student Guide to find targeted TAO support for some common challenges faced by college students.
- Anxiety: relaxation strategies, analyzing thoughts, mindfulness, facing fears, lifestyle factors.
- Depression: traps, problem solving, focusing on thoughts, mindfulness, values, relationships, lifestyle
- Relationships and Communication: anger, communication styles, problem solving.
Who is eligible for Tao Self-Help?
All community members with a Purchase College email address are eligible for TAO Self-Help.
Benefits of Tao Self-Help
You will have immediate access to highly effective therapeutic modules 24/7 where ever you have internet access. You can sign up any time of day or night.