TAO, Therapy Assistance Online, at Purchase College
What is Tao?
TAO is an online platform that can be used for self help, to augment work with a counselor, or other student life programming. Tao includes over 150 brief, effective, educational sessions covering over 50 common topics and skills related to mental health, wellness, and substance use issues. TAO Includes interactive sessions, mindfulness exercises and practice tools all aimed at helping you achieve your goals.
How to Sign Up or Upgrade to the New Version for Spring 2021 Semester:
1. In your browser window, navigate to https://us.taoconnect.org/register
2. Enter First Name, Last Name, and your Purchase College email address
3. Create a Password
4. Leave the ‘Enrollment Key’ field blank.
5. Click Sign Me Up
6. Check your Purchase College email. You will be sent a Welcome to TAO email with a confirmation link which you must click on to sign in.
- Anxiety: relaxation strategies, analyzing thoughts, mindfulness, facing fears, lifestyle factors.
- Depression: traps, problem solving, focusing on thoughts, mindfulness, values, relationships, lifestyle
- Relationships and Communication: anger, communication styles, problem solving.
Who is eligible for Tao Self-Help?
All community members with a Purchase College email address are eligible for TAO Self-Help.
Benefits of Tao Self-Help
You will have immediate access to highly effective therapeutic modules 24/7 where ever you have internet access. You can sign up any time of day or night. You also have access to a free mindfulness activities library.