In addition to fulfilling General Education requirements, undergraduate students majoring in the visual arts BS program must complete the following requirements (58-59 credits), as outlined below:
Note: All students are expected to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 to remain in good academic standing.All required studio arts classes must be completed with a grade of C or higher in order to advance within the degree. Any required studio arts grade of C- or below must be repeated.
Foundation Courses: 17 credits
- VIS 1050/ComX: 2 credits OR
- VIS 2150/Key Class: 1 credit
- VIS 1060/Foundation Drawing: 3 credits
- VIS 1070/Extended Media: 3 credits
- VIS 1080/Visual Language: 3 credits
- VIS 1260/3-D Processes: 3 credits
- VIS 1330/Lens and Time: 3 credits
Art History Courses: 12 credits
- ARH 1020/History of Art Survey II: 3 credits
- ARH1021/History of Art Survey II Discussion: 1 credit
- ARH —/One course in the history of art prior to 1800 (lower-level) 4 credits
- ARH —/Art history elective (modern/contemporary) 4 credits
Studio Electives: 18 credits
- V —/Visual arts studio electives: 6 credits
- V —/Visual arts studio electives (upper level): 12 credits
Synthesis Courses: 12 credits
- VIS 3880/BSVA Seminar: 4 credits*
- SPJ 4990/Senior Project I: 4 credits
- SPJ 4991/Senior Project II: 4 credits
*Effective for students entering Fall 2023 and later, VIS 2880 is no longer being offered and VIS3880 is changing from 3 to 4 credits.
Students are also expected to abide by the policies and procedures laid out in the A+D Student Handbook.