Student Learning Outcomes
By the time students graduate, they will demonstrate:
- a knowledge of the techniques used in narrative writing for the stage and screen. Students will be able to apply these techniques in both short and long form.
- collaborative skills with peers by creating theatrical and cinematic works in and outside the classroom.
- the ability to critique and analyze a variety of peer-generated writing, and the ability to receive and synthesize critiques of their own writing from peers and faculty.
- the ability to research, gather, and synthesize information from a variety of sources and to present it in a structured, coherent manner, both in writing and orally.
- knowledge of a range of dramatic and/or cinematic literatures and theory and the ability contextualize their work through an understanding of their historical and theoretical artistic legacies.