Four Semester Graduation Plan for Transfer Students
This plan is provided as a general overview of a student’s academic path within the major, and includes both major and college requirements for graduation. Students are responsible for reviewing and tracking their own progress toward degree requirements, and should regularly consult their Degree Progress Report and meet with their academic advisor to ensure they are fulfilling all requirements in a timely fashion.
- A minimum of 30 Core/General Education credits must be completed from the required areas. Students should note on their Degree Progress reports if they fall under the Core Curriculum requirements prior to Fall 2023, or the General Education 2023 requirements Fall 2023 and onwards. Any questions about which requirements a student falls under should be directed to the Registrar or the Advising Center.
- For BA and BS programs students are encouraged to take 30 credits of SUNY GE approved Liberal Arts and Sciences during the first 60 credits (first two years) of study.
- For BFA and MUSB programs students are encouraged to take at least 30 credits of SUNY GE approved Liberal Arts and Sciences, with at least 20 credits completed during the first 60 credits (first two years) of study.
- A minimum of 120 credits with at least 45 upper-level credits are required to graduate. Upper-level courses are numbered from 3000 to 4999 at Purchase College.
- A minimum of 60 credits outside of your board of study are required to graduate. These courses have a 3-letter prefix other than that of your major.
- A minimum of 1 credit and maximum of 4 credits of Physical Education (Health and Wellness, a Purchase College local requirement) can be applied to the degree.