For students entering the program Fall 2021 and later:
- LBS 2017/Structured Inquiry Across the Disciplines (3 credits) introducing academics at Purchase College and the core competencies of the interdisciplinary study.*
- 5 upper-level core LBS courses (20 credits) that focus on major contemporary social issues from interdisciplinary perspectives. Core courses will integrate problem-oriented learning reflecting core competencies and learning outcomes.
- LBS 3880/Junior Seminar (4 credits) covering multidisciplinary theory and research methods in preparation for the Senior Capstone, with emphasis on e-Portfolio development and reflection.
- *Prerequisite LBS3017/Structured Inquiry Across the Disciplines (Minimum grade of C-).
- CAP/4800 Senior Capstone (4 credits) will align with core course problem areas.
Total Credits: 31
* Structured Inquiry has changed from a 3000 level course to a 2000 level course and is changing from 4 to 3 credits. As of fall 2023, students entering the program will take Structured Inquiry at the 2000 level for 3 credits.
A minimum grade of C- is required for all classes applied towards major requirements.
Note: For students who were in the program prior to Fall 2021, please refer to the old requirements in the 2020-21 catalog