- LBS 3017/Structured Inquiry Across the Disciplines (4 credits) introducing academics at Purchase College and the core competencies of the interdisciplinary study.
- 6 upper-level core LBS courses (24 credits) that focus on major contemporary social issues from interdisciplinary perspectives. Core courses will integrate problem-oriented learning reflecting core competencies and learning outcomes.
- LBS 3880/Junior Seminar (4 credits) covering multidisciplinary theory and research methods in preparation for the Senior Capstone, with emphasis on e-Portfolio development and reflection.
- CAP/4800 Senior Capstone (4 credits) will align with core course problem areas.
A minimum grade of C- is required for all classes applied towards major requirements.
The information below outlines requirements for liberal studies majors prior to Fall 2019.
- Humanities courses: A grade of C- or higher must be earned. (15 credits)
- Natural sciences courses: A grade of C- or higher must be earned. (15 credits)
- Social sciences courses: A grade of C- or higher must be earned. (15 credits)
- Performing and/or visual arts courses: A grade of C- or higher must be earned. (6 credits)
- Upper-level liberal arts courses: a. First area* (12 credits) b. Second area* (8 credits)
*Areas: Humanities, natural sciences, social sciences; the first and second areas must be distinct. A grade of C- or higher must be earned.
- General Electives (45 credits)
- CAP 4800/Senior Capstone (4 credits)
Total: 120 credits