To drop or withdraw from a noncredit course, students must submit a completed and signed add/drop form:
– Scan and email the add/drop form to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Fax it to (914) 251-6373
– Mail or deliver in person to:
- Office of the Registrar
- Purchase College, State University of New York
- 735 Anderson Hill Road
- Purchase, NY 10577
- The refundable tuition amount (excluding nonrefundable fees) is based on the tuition refund schedule and determined by the date the add/drop form is received—not by the number of classes logged in to or attended.
- No refunds can be granted for any reason (including illness or other medical reasons) after the periods listed in the tuition refund schedule.
- Refunds for credit card payments are automatically credited to the cardholder’s account. All other refunds are deposited via electronic check into the bank account specified in the student’s eRefund profile. If students are anticipating a refund, they should check their Purchase email account for instructions and refund confirmations from the Office of Student Financial Services.
- A full refund (including any nonrefundable fees) is automatically granted only if a course or program is canceled or closed to further enrollment by the college.
Noncredit Tuition Refund Schedule
Including courses with noncredit options*
7 calendar days** before the 1st class session
6 or fewer calendar days** before the 1st class session
During or after the 1st class session
*Excluding the nonrefundable $25 noncredit registration fee (per student)
**If this day falls on a weekend, written notice must be received by the close of business on the previous Friday.
Purchase College reserves the right to cancel any course or program for which the enrollment is deemed insufficient or for other administrative reasons. The college also reserves the right to change faculty assignments, course offerings, or classrooms and, therefore, cannot guarantee a student’s choice of faculty.
Cancellations of an individual class session due to instructor illness or other unforeseen circumstances are not announced on the college’s weather emergency hotline—(914) 251-7500—or posted online. If a class session taught by a faculty member in the School of Liberal Studies & Continuing Education is canceled because of instructor illness or another emergency:
- the instructor or school staff will make every effort to notify students (via email or telephone);
- a notice will be posted on the classroom door; and
- the instructor will schedule a makeup session at the following class