Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Professional Service
The Chancellor’s Award for Excellence are system-level honors conferred to acknowledge and provide systemwide recognition for consistently superior professional achievement and to encourage the ongoing pursuit of excellence.
Criteria, Restrictions, Procedure, and Previous Recipients
Nominees for the award must be individuals who have repeatedly sought improvement of themselves, their campuses and ultimately the State University and in doing so, have transcended the normal definitions of excellence. They shall be individuals who can serve as professional role models.
Nominees must perform superbly in fulfilling the job description for the position held and should also demonstrate excellence in professional activities beyond the parameters of the job description.
The ideal candidate will satisfy the standards in a creative and innovative fashion while demonstrating flexibility and adaptability to institutional needs. Capabilities and accomplishments in areas of leadership, decision-making, and problem solving are also considered. Evidence would include, but is not limited to, professional recognitions, initiation of ideas, development of proposals, and committee activities.
Eligibility criteria for nominees
- Must be serving in a full-time, professional capacity
- More than half of their assignment must be in non-teaching services
- They must have completed three academic years of full-time appointment within the previous five years (years do not need to be consecutive) at the nominating campus prior to the year of nomination. Please note, promotion within the same department does not preclude a person from being nominated.
- Recipients of an Excellence Award may not be re-nominated for an award in the same category at either their current or a previous SUNY institution.
- Individuals serving in the classified services are ineligible for nomination.
- Posthumous nominations are ineligible.
Nominations for the award should be received no later than January 27, 2023 and should include:
- A letter of nomination
- A copy of the nominee’s most recent vita or resume (short version)
- Additional supporting documentation, including letters of support.
Send nominations to the attention of: COM.firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding this process. Colleagues who have submitted a nomination in previous years that were not selected are encouraged to resubmit.
Thank you for your involvement in this important process of recognition and reward.