The Professional Staff Council is seeking nominations to fill the following vacancies: four (4) in a College Senate Standing Committee and one (1) in a Professional Staff Council Standing Committee.
These are great opportunities to get involved in campus governance, meet with faculty, staff, and senior administration across the college, and develop skills that will help you in your current position and in meeting professional development goals.
Please send PSC Vice President Corey Dawkins the names of your nominees and he will reach out to confirm interest. All nominees will be asked to submit a short bio as well as a sentence or two explaining their interest in the committee and what they can bring to the team.
Standing Committees of the Senate:
The Strategic Planning and Assessment Committee (SPAC) is looking to fill two (2) vacancies, each for a three (3) year term.
From the Strategic Planning and Assessment Committee Collaborate Page: Specifically, the SPC shall:
- Monitor and assess progress towards institutional goals and implementation of Middle States recommendations.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Purchase College’s strategic and institutional assessment plans, processes, and reports, and communicate this information regularly to internal and external constituencies.
- Provide recommendations on strategic initiatives under consideration by the college.
- Participate in the development of new strategic plans and serve in an advisory capacity to the Middle States Self‐Study Committee
The Budget Planning and Assessment Committee (BPAC) is looking to fill one (1) vacancy for a three (3) year term.
From the Purchase College Senate Articles:
The Budget Planning and Assessment Committee (BPAC) shall function as a thought partner and advisory body to the Senate and President of Purchase College for budgetary matters on behalf of the college community, providing an inclusive and open public forum for the review, development, discussion, and ongoing evaluation of campus strategic initiatives.
The Sustainability Advisory and Outreach Committee (SAOC) is looking to fill one (1) vacancy for a three (3) year term.
The Sustainability Advisory and Outreach Committee (SAOC) will work to establish a culture of environmental stewardship as a fundamental practice and priority for Purchase College both immediately and for the future. The committee shall be responsible for advising the Senate, campus administration, and other departments on institutional policies and practices to encourage resource conservation, recycling, waste reductions, and environmentally sustainable operations; improving environmental literacy and responsibility among faculty, staff, and students; and engaging with SUNY-led, regional, or national sustainability initiatives as appropriate.
Standing Committees of the PSC:
The Communications Committee is looking to fill one (1) vacancy for a three (3) year term.
From the Professional Staff Council Bylaws:
- Oversee and maintain the system of communication with the membership, including:
- Maintaining a template of and schedule for broadcast emails (BEMs)
- Working with the PSC secretary to maintain the distribution list
- Develop and maintain a professional staff newsletter, including:
- Designing the template Researching and publishing national trends of interest to professional staff
- Working with the membership at large to solicit ideas for articles
- Publishing the newsletter online at least quarterly.
- Submit an end-of-year report to the Executive Board.