AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention
Purchase College has partnered with EverFi to help students address critical life skills such as alcohol abuse prevention and sexual assault prevention in higher education institutions across the country. Each year over 5 million students and employees complete these courses.
As part of our comprehensive prevention program all students are required to complete AlcoholEdu and the Sexual Assault Prevention courses. These online courses will empower you to make well informed decisions about issues that affect your college years and beyond.
AlcoholEdu is an interactive online program designed to reduce the negative consequences of alcohol use among students. This online course will empower you to make well-informed decisions about substance use and your behaviors.
The Sexual Assault Prevention course is the premier online program addressing the critical issues of sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, and sexual harassment – among students, faculty and staff.
Incoming students for the Fall semester: You will receive an email in early July with the information that you need to complete the required courses. They are not open to you until mid-July.
Incoming students for the Spring semester: You will receive an email in early December with the information that you need to complete the courses. They are not open to you until mid-December.
Currently enrolled students: You must complete Part 1 of both courses as specified in the emails you received in order to avoid a hold on your account that will preclude registration, transcripts and diplomas.
Important things to remember:
- You must complete part 1 of the two courses you are assigned (one related to alcohol and one related to sexual assault prevention)
- If you are classified as a student athlete, you will also need to complete the Sexual Assault Prevention for Athletes (SAPSA) course as specified in the emails you receive in addition to the alcohol and sexual assault courses you are assigned
- You must use your Purchase College email address to complete the courses
- You must get a score of 70 or higher on AlcoholEdu for College Part 1 in order for it to qualify as completed
- Approximately 45 days after you complete Part 1, you will need to sign back in and complete the courses
- You must complete Part II of both courses by the deadline specified in the emails you received
- Should you experience problems in the course, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course